Entrepreneur Boot Camp
Whether you're an aspiring entrepreneur or ready to take your exisitng business to the next level, Entrepreneur Boot Camp is for you!
Entrepreneur Boot Camp is a fast-paced certificate course empowering promising entrepreneurs and ambitious small business owners with the tools to write a successful business plan, find financial support and design the right operation for success!
Through 30 contact hours, Entrepreneur Boot Camp students learn:
- Why a business plan is necessary.
- How to write an effective business plan.
- How to pitch a plan to investors.
- What investors expect to see in the plan.
- How to enter a business plan in the prestigious FAU Business Plan Competition and compete for seed funding.
In addition, Entrepreneur Boot Camp students will:
- Discover the most effective research tools available, from using databases in researching competition to understanding demographics.
- Learn fundamental concepts for creating an impactful marketing plan.
- Determine sales methodologies and how to project sales revenues.
- Learn all types of techniques and tools to gain investor attention from family and friends, crowdsourcing, SBA, and institutional funding.
- Understand the need for a strong management team as well as how to top talent.
- Create a managerial blueprint for day to day operations, strategic direction and market share capture in a competitive world.
Who should enroll:
- Promising, up-and-coming entrepreneurs and inventors with a desire to build a successful business.
- Enthusiastic college students who have a promising business idea.
- Small business owners who are looking to take their business to the next level.
- Intra-preneurs or professionals who run small businesses within larger organizations.
- Anyone who wants to compete for more than $200,000 in cash and prizes!
Entrepreneur Boot Camp is made up of ten sessions and includes access to mentor consultation via the Entrepreneur In Residence program. The complete 10-session schedule can be found here. All participants will receive a Florida Atlantic University Certificate upon satisfactory completion all sessions as well as assignments, individual study assignments, learning assignments and class discussions.*
*To receive the FAU certificate, unexcused class absences must NOT EXCEED TWO (2) SESSIONS and participants must be on time. Any students who miss more than the allotted absences, and who have not provided advance notice or a documented excuse will not be awarded a certificate.
**Not covered by the Employee Educational Scholarship Program.