Entrepreneur Boot Camp
Empowering promising entrepreneurs and ambitious small business owners with an innovative, fast-paced course that includes creating a business plan, tips on finding money, and tips on designing the right operation for success.
The goals of this course are to understand why a business plan is necessary, learning from experts what they expect to see in a plan, practice some of the skills required, learn what the experts want to know to fund a business, write the plan, and prepare to enter the prestigious FAU Business Plan Competition (FAU BPC) and pitch your business to investors. During the course of the sessions you will discover the most effective research tools available, from using databases in researching competition to understanding demographics, create a strong marketing program that will help you reach your target audience, and set the stage for strong customer relationships, determine how you will sell and project sales revenues, techniques and tools to gain investor attention by showing compelling financial and market potential, understand the need for a strong management team; attract and hire the right people and create a managerial blueprint for day to day operations, strategic direction and market share capture in a competitive world.
Who should enroll:
- Promising, up-and-coming entrepreneurs with a desire to build a successful business
- Enthusiastic college students who have a promising business idea and would like to connect with like-minded people
- Small business owners who are looking to take their business to the next level
- Intra-preneurs or professionals who run small businesses within larger organizations
- Anyone who wants to compete for more than $200,000 in cash and prizes!
The certification is made up of ten sessions sessions with morning lectures and optional consulting with Entrepreneur In Residence. Completion of the full set of ten sessions is required to receive the certification.
- Morning lectures explore specific and relevant start-up topics that will be covered by industry experts and FAU subject matter faculty.
- Sessions feature hands on practical work by teams on either fictional businesses or real business concepts brought in by the participants themselves. Participants will receive coaching by either the experts, the professors or the entrepreneur in residence.
All participants will receive a Florida Atlantic University Certificate upon satisfactory completion all sessions as well as assignments, individual study assignments, learning assignments and class discussions.*
*To receive the FAU certificate, unexcused class absences must NOT EXCEED TWO (2) SESSIONS and participants must be on time. Any students who miss more than the allotted absences, and who have not provided advance notice or a documented excuse will not be awarded a certificate.
**Not covered by the Employee Educational Scholarship Program.