Dr. Julia Higgs, CPA, teaches auditing and financial accounting at FAU. She has published in academic in professional journals on numerous topics relevant to the accounting profession.
- Ph D (1998) Business Administration (Accounting), University of South Carolina
- Other (1985) Accounting, University of Tennessee
- BS (1984) Accounting, University of Tennessee
- Auditing and Financial Accounting
- Audit fees, Sampling, Work/Life issues for Auditors, Audit Quality, Government Auditing and Compliance
- CFO Tenure and Audit Quality, Writing Results, Scholarly
- Cyber security breaches: What effect does lack of disclosure have on users of financial statements?,
- Late for a Very Important Date: Financial Reporting and Audit Implications of Late 10-K Filings, Writing Results, Scholarly
- Taxing Audit Markets and Reputation: An Examination of the U.S. Tax Shelter Controversy, Writing Results, Scholarly
- The Effects of PCAOB Inspection Reports in Prior Manager/Auditor Affiliation on Audit Committees' Members Auditor Recommendations,
- The Impact of CEO and CFO Equity Incentives on Audit Scope and Perceived Risks as Revealed Through Audit Fees, Writing Results, Scholarly
- Higgs, J., Daugherty, B., Dickins, D., Hatfield, R., Practitioner Summary: Mandatory Audit Partner Rotation: Perceptions of Audit Quality Consequences (forthcoming). Current Issues in Auditing,
- Higgs, J., Glover, S., Elder, R., Akresh, A., Liljegren, J., Research Synthesis of Statistical Sampling in Auditing (forthcoming). Auditing a Journal of Practice and Theory,
- Higgs, J., Dickins, D., Fallatah, Y., Sampling and Drawing Inferences About a Population Using the Example of Presidential Elections – An Instructional Resource Case (forthcoming). Journal of Accounting Education,
- Higgs, J., Davis, P., Daugherty, B., The Role of Corporate Governance and Internal Auditors in Embedding Sustainability in an Organization (forthcoming). Internal Auditing,
- Almer, E., Bertolini, M., Higgs, J., A Model of Individual Faculty Member Salaries (forthcoming). Issues in Accounting Education,
- Higgs, J., Dickins, D., Daugherty, B., Knowledge Transfer among experts: Lessons from audit Partner Rotation (forthcoming). International Journal of Corporate Governance,
- Higgs, J., Daugherty, B., Dickins, D., Tatum, K., (2013) The Question of Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation: Would Investors Benefit?. The CPA Journal, 28-33.
- Higgs, J., Han, S., Kang, T., Gotti, G., (2012) Managerial Ownership, Corporate Monitoring and Audit Fees. Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, 27, 3, 412-437.
- Hooks, K., Bertolini, M., Higgs, J., (2011) Locus of Control in the Aging Taxpayer. Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research, 14, 1-35.
- Daugherty, B., Dickins, D., Higgs, J., (2011) Reducing the Potential Negative Effects of Mandatory Partner Rotation. The CPA Journal, 81, 8, 60-63.
- Higgs, J., Dickins, D., (2009) Bridging the Investor/Auditor Expectation Gap: An Explanation of the Auditor's Responsibility under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards. Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, 21, 1, 51-62.
- Higgs, J., Dickins, D., Reisch, J. T., (2009) Understanding the Limitations of Accountants’ Reports. Commercial Lending Review,
- Higgs, J., Dickins, D., Skantz, T., (2008) Estimating Audit Fees Post-SOX. Current Issues in Auditing, Sarasota, Florida, USA, 2, 1, A9-A18.
- Higgs, J., Dickins, D., (2006) Shopping for an Auditor. The Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, 9-15.
- Higgs, J., Skantz, T., (2006) Audit and Nonaudit Fees and the Market’s Reaction to Earnings Announcements. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Sarasota, Florida, USA, 25, 1, 1-26.
- Hooks, K., Almer, E., Higgs, J., (2005) A theoretical Framework of the Relationship Between Public Accounting Firms and Their Auditors. Behavioral Research in Accounting, 17,
- Hooks, K., Higgs, J., (2002) Work Place Environment in a Professional Services Firm. Research in Accounting, 14, 105-127.
- Hooks, K., Higgs, R. J., Higgs, J., (2001) Stereotypes and Archetypes in Accounting: An Inquiry into Professional Ethics and Opportunities. AAA National Meeting,
- Hooks, K., Almer, E., Higgs, J., (2000) An Examination of the Employment Contract of Public Accounting Firm Employees: The Application of Agency theory to Professionals. SEAAA & WAAA,
- AAA National Meeting, 2009
- Advisory Committee on the Auditing Profession to the U.S. Department of Treasury, Broward Chapter of the Florida Institute of CPAs, Florida, 2008
- Atlantic Chapter of the Florida Institute of CPAs, September 23 2008
- University Scholars Program, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida, December 2007
- Gold Coast Chapter of the Florida Institute of CPAs, July 2006
- WAAA, 2002
- AAA Annual Meeting, Research Forum, AAA Audit Section mid-year Meeting, SEAAA meeting, AAA ABO Research Conference, & AAA Audit Section mid-year Meeting, 2001
- AAA National Meeting, 2001