Executive Forum Series
The speakers provide a brief overview of their businesses, as well as other professional experiences, followed by a discussion of key issues facing their industries, businesses, or the business climate in general. The Executive Forum helps students and external audience members focus their career development interests by enabling them to peer inside a vast array of businesses and industries.
This forum is comprised of presentations and seminar-like interaction with entrepreneurs and executives focusing on the practical nature of business development. Audience members and executives will discuss current challenges facing business and industry today and consider alternative ways of meeting these challenges.
Event location: FAU Boca Campus, Office Depot Building (93), Room 101
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Abdol Moabery, President & CEO - GA Telesis
Abdol Moabery is the President and Chief Executive Officer of GA Telesis, a global leader in commercial aerospace. Founded in 2002 by Mr. Moabery, GA Telesis has fast grown into one of the largest firms in its sector, amassing vertically-integrated global businesses with hundreds of employees. He has over 20 years of direct experience in various disciplines in aviation from flight, lease and structured finance to logistics and maintenance.
A serial entrepreneur, he is responsible for the start-up, organization and development of several companies in the fields of finance, defense technologies, military software and commercial aerospace. He previously served as Executive Vice President of Aviation Systems International, Inc., where his responsibilities included oversight and management of all operations. Prior to joining ASI, Mr. Moabery was Director of Marketing and Sales at C-S Aviation Services, Inc. (a Soros Fund Management company), where he was responsible for the sales and marketing of a fleet of commercial aircraft that were placed in EETCs and syndicated leverage instruments.
Mr. Moabery and his wife are prominent philanthropists who have donated and directed millions of dollars to charitable causes that directly impact children. Some of these organizations include His House Children’s Home, Kids in Distress, Florence Fuller Child Development Center, Food for the Poor, the ISTAT Foundation, the Wing’s Club Scholarship Foundation, the Factor Foundation, and the March of Dimes. The Moaberys also sponsor several deserving special needs families through their commitment to cover expenses not generally covered by government programs or charitable organizations.
Mr. Moabery is the President of the Wing’s Club Scholarship Board and serves as advisor to several national and local children’s charities. He is an honorably discharged veteran from the United States Navy and United States Naval Reserve.
Mr. Moabery resides in Delray Beach, Florida with his wife and two children.
Fall 2011 Executive Forum Dates
- Thursday, September 01, 2011 - John Duffy, CEO - 3Cinteractive
- Thursday, September 15, 2011 – Allan Schuman, Chairman Emeritus - Ecolab, Inc.
- Thursday, September 29, 2011 – Steve Calkins, Senior Vice President, Contract Sales - Office Depot
- Thursday, October 13, 2011 - Chris Prindle, Investor - J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Thursday, October 20, 2011 – Abdol Moabery, President & CEO - GA Telesis
- Thursday, October 27, 2011 – Robert Danzig, Former Nationwide CEO for Hearst Newspapers - Author, Dean of the Hearst
- Thursday, November 03, 2011 – Chris Milliken, Former President & CEO - OfficeMax
- Thursday, November 10, 2011 - Robert Wolfe, Managing Director - United Capital Private Wealth Consulting
- Thursday, November 17, 2011 – Sidney Cohen, Former President - Cohen's Frozen Foods