Undergraduate students wishing to apply to Florida Atlantic University's College of Business must follow the admission process below.
University admissions are handled by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. As such, any questions that you may have regarding admission to FAU, deadlines, your application status, or special information for transfer or international students should be directed to that office.
How to Apply for a Business Major
Lower Division or Pre-business Students
Because the University does not guarantee acceptance to majors in the College of Business, students who plan to pursue a business degree are accepted to the college as preliminary business students, also known as lower-division or Pre-business students.
Typically freshmen and sophomore, lower-division students are restricted in the business courses they may register for and cannot declare a major within the College of Business until they apply and are accepted as upper-division students.
Upper Division Students
Most students apply for upper-division status during the end of their sophomore year. Students seeking to declare and complete a major as part of the College of Business must meet the following requirements to qualify (except for the Health Administration major, which has different requirements):
- Hold a minimum 2.5 FAU-GPA
Complete the following Pre-business Foundation coursework with minimum C grades:
- ACG 2021 Financial Accounting
- ACG 2071 Managerial Accounting
- ECO 2013 Macroeconomics
- ECO 2023 Microeconomics
- MAC 2233 Methods of Calculus
- STA 2023 Introductory Statistics
- ISM 2000 Information Systems Fundamentals (similar to CGS1100 or CGS1570)
- Complete a 2-year foreign language program in high school, or the equivalent proficiency at the university level or show proof of proficiency.
- Earn a minimum of 60 credits
Students meeting these upper-division criteria may apply to declare a College of Business major using the Change of Major form (form#7).