The Risk Management and Insurance (RMI) Certificate program requires three courses (Principles of Insurance, Corporate Risk Management, and Life Insurance and Pensions) providing the students with a solid background in risk management, property and liability insurance, life and health insurance, government insurance, personal financial planning, and employee benefits.
Graduates with such knowledge find a variety of career opportunities in:
- Claims adjusting
- Financial management of insurance companies
In other financial services businesses such as:
- Investment companies and banks
- Government insurance programs
- Risk managers and risk analysts
- Consultants/brokers/agents providing risk management/insurance/employee benefits counseling
- Personal financial planners providing retirement planning, college planning, and estate planning services.
Note: Certificates are noted on the student's transcript, but they do not require the completion of a bachelor’s degree to be recorded. In addition, students receive a document to note the completion of the program. For further information, see links.
For more information, view the Risk Management section of FAU’s college catalog.