Training and Certification
SPECIAL FAU - IDF NURSE CORPS TRAINING
Nursing Care During Emergency and Mass Casualty Situations
Brought to you by the College of Business' ICEM and the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing.
- DATE: June 13, 2018 from 9:00am - 5:00pm (includes lunch)
- LOCATION: Christine E Lynn College of Nursing, Room 201
- COST: $150 per person, includes training, lunch & 7 contact hours
Seating is very limited. Click here for more information and to register.
NEW and EXCLUSIVE to FAU's ICEM: INTENSIVE EMERGENCY, CRISIS, AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP TRAINING, taught by world-renowned experts from Israel
- Prof. Yitshak Kreiss MD,MHA,MPA, Director General, Sheba Medical Center, Brig. Gen. (Ret.) - Former Surgeon General – IDF
- Prof. Elhanan Bar-On MD,MPH, Director, Israel Center for Disaster Medicine & Humanitarian Response, Sheba Medical Center
- Prof. Kobi Peleg, PhD, MPH, Director, National Center for Trauma & Emergency Medicine Research, Head of The Gertner Institute for Health Policy & Epidemiology, Disaster Medicine Department & The Executive Master Programs for Emergency and Disaster Management, School of Public Health, Tel-Aviv University
- Dr. Yoram Klein, Director, Division of Trauma and Critical Care Surgery, Sheba Medical Center
- Steven Hynes, CEM, Regional Emergency Management / Homeland Security Expert
- Ruben D. Almaguer, Executive Director, Academy for International Disaster Preparedness, FIU
- Raz Gross, M.D., MPH, Research psychiatrist and physician, Sheba Medical Center
Click here for more information.
PUBLIC SAFETY LEADERSHIP TRAINING
Sold out in Fall 2017, and again in Spring 2018, we are pleased to offer this training
course again in the Fall 2018.
Academic certification and training: 16 topics, 8 days in length (every Friday for 8 weeks); $2k/student, max. 30 students; 5.6 CEUs
Public Safety professionals will gain a deeper understanding of:
- Leadership and Ethics
- Written and Oral Communications
- Win-win Conflict Resolution
- Handling Difficult and Crucial Conversations
- Internal and External Customer Service
- Managing Performance Standards and Accountability
- The "Business Aspect" of Public Safety
- Team-Building and Leading Change
*Custom courses for Crisis Management certification and training programs are available upon request for government agencies and NGOs, businesses and organizations, requiring core courses, field work, training on drones and scouting/assessment techniques, and hands-on work with field hospitals and experts in emergency management.