Training in 2018
In 2018, the ICEM offered a myriad of training programs.
In June, we welcomed the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) Medic Corp, #1 in the world by the WHO for Emergency Care and Humanitarian Aid, Nurse Corp to train regional nurses in Emergency Medicine.
In the fall, we welcomed five Israeli Experts and two US experts to train an EM Itensive to the region's EM professionals. Below is a snapshot of the instructors.
- Prof. Yitshak Kreiss MD,MHA,MPA, Director General, Sheba Medical Center, Brig. Gen. (Ret.) - Former Surgeon General – IDF
- Prof. Elhanan Bar-On MD,MPH, Director, Israel Center for Disaster Medicine & Humanitarian Response, Sheba Medical Center
- Prof. Kobi Peleg, PhD, MPH, Director, National Center for Trauma & Emergency Medicine Research, Head of The Gertner Institute for Health Policy & Epidemiology, Disaster Medicine Department & The Executive Master Programs for Emergency and Disaster Management, School of Public Health, Tel-Aviv University
- Dr. Yoram Klein, Director, Division of Trauma and Critical Care Surgery, Sheba Medical Center
- Steven Hynes, CEM, Regional Emergency Management / Homeland Security Expert
- Ruben D. Almaguer, Executive Director, Academy for International Disaster Preparedness, FIU
- Raz Gross, M.D., MPH, Research psychiatrist and physician, Sheba Medical Center
In Late 2016 and early 2017, we offered Public Safety Leadership Development training programs, both sold-out programs that were met with great success. We are planning to offer it again in the late fall/early winter of 2019/2020. Below is an overview of the program and topics covered:
Academic certification and training: 16 topics, 8 days in length (every Friday for 8 weeks); $2k/student, max. 30 students; 5.6 CEUs
Public Safety professionals will gain a deeper understanding of:
- Leadership and Ethics
- Written and Oral Communications
- Win-win Conflict Resolution
- Handling Difficult and Crucial Conversations
- Internal and External Customer Service
- Managing Performance Standards and Accountability
- The "Business Aspect" of Public Safety
- Team-Building and Leading Change
*Custom courses for Crisis Management certification and training programs are available upon request for government agencies and NGOs, businesses and organizations, requiring core courses, field work, training on drones and scouting/assessment techniques, and hands-on work with field hospitals and experts in emergency management.