One of the leading Finance certifications, the CFP® designation is the recognized
standard for establishing professional credibility within the field of financial planning.
The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Professional Certificate Program at Florida Atlantic
University is registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc.(CFP
Board). As a CFP Board-Registered Program, our courses satisfy the CFP Board’s education
requirement, allowing an individual to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Format: Tuesdays or Thursdays
Feb. 5 – Apr. 16, 2019
Sep. 19 – Nov. 21, 2019
- Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Hours: 40 Hours/4.0 CEUs
- Sessions: 10
- Fee: $750 - Includes parking
- Location: Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton Campus
An overview of the principles of modern investment analysis.Topics include: investment vehicles, analysis and measurement of risk and return, stock, bond and other asset valuation, portfolio theory and management, portfolio performance, passive and active investment strategies, asset allocation, efficient market theory, financial leverage, hedging with options, and taxation effects on investments.
Instructional Method and Format:
- Instructor-led by qualified CFP® certified professors
- A blended-learning approach which includes both in-class review, discussions, online assignments and practice questions.
- Incorporate in-class, online and independent study activities.
- Follows the CFP Board’s recommended curriculum which weights topics according to exam relevance
Florida Atlantic University does not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and federally registered CFP (with flame logo) certification
marks. CFP certification is granted only by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
Inc. to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such
as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience and examination
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and federally registered CFP (with flame logo), which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements.