Admissions - Business Analytics
Overview of Admissions Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution
- No business pre-requisites are required
GPA approximately 3.0 or higher over the last 60 credits from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university
A combined score (verbal + quantitative) of at least 295 on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or 500 or higher on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score taken within the last 5 years (Either test is accepted for application purposes)*
- We recommend that you take the GMAT, GRE, and/or TOEFL at least one month prior to the application deadline because it takes approximately 3-4 weeks for FAU to receive your test scores.
- If you need assistance preparing to take either of the GMAT or GRE, please refer to the Graduate College Test Prep Service for more information, please refer to the Graduate College Test Prep Service for more information.
- *In light of the impact from COVID-19, the GRE & GMAT requirements are temporarily waived for applicants seeking entry for the MSBA program from Summer 2021 to Fall 2022
- *The GRE/GMAT requirement can also be waived if the applicant has already earned an
graduate degree (e.g. master’s) from an accredited institution.
- Please contact the College of Business Advising Office email@example.com for more information
Official transcript(s) or transcript(s) evaluation reflecting bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of immunization is required prior to registration. Please contact the FAU Immunization Office for more information on the submission process.
- You will need to submit documents to the University in order to determine your residency for tuition purposes (i.e. in-state or out of state tuition rates).
- Please contact the FAU Registrar's Office more information on the submission process.
Please note that admission to graduate programs is competitive and meeting minimum standards does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
Additional Admissions Requirements for International Students
- A course by course evaluation of your international transcripts must be provided by
a NACES member.
- Students may also choose to have the FAU evaluate foreign transcripts internally instead of using a NACES member. For more information on this process, please visit the FAU Internal Evaluation of Foreign Credentials page.
- Note: The College of Business does NOT have a preference between using a NACES member or using FAU to evaluate foreign transcripts.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores are required of applicants who
attended a non-English speaking institution for their baccalaureate degree and whose
native language is not English.
- A minimum TOEFL score of at least 500 (paper-based exam), 213 (computer-based), or 79(internet-based) is required.
What If I Do NOT Meet Some of the Admissions Requirements?
- In general, if you do NOT meet some of the admissions requirements (i.e GPA or Test score), you are still encouraged to apply
- While our admissions process is still competitive, our admissions process has the option to work on a sliding scale on a case-by case basis, in that if your GPA is below 3.00, you can make up for that lower GPA by scoring higher on the GMAT and/or GRE.
- In addition, if you do not meet the GPA or GRE/GMAT requirement, you may be able to
receive a conditional acceptance into the program.
- Such applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, a high GPA can compensate for a lower GRE/GMAT score, and vice-versa. If you receive a conditional acceptance, you are allowed to enroll in graduate classes, but must meet certain performance criteria in the first semester or year that is specified in your conditional acceptance letter. Once these conditions are fulfilled, the conditional acceptance will be converted to full acceptance.
|For Domestic Students||For International Students|
|Fall Semester: July 1st||Fall Semester: February 15th|
|Spring Semester: November 1st||Spring Semester: July 15th|
|Summer Semester: April 1st||Summer Semester: January 15th|
- Applications must be complete and all documents submitted BEFORE the deadline listed above to be considered for admission for your intended semester (i.e Fall, Spring, or Summer).
How Do I Apply?
- You can apply online for the MSBA program on the FAU Graduate College website by clicking
- Once the online application with the FAU Graduate College is completed, you must pay an application fee of $30 and also be sure to submit your transcripts and test scores to FAU as well.
- The application moves to the College of Business Graduate Advising Office, and the
application status will say “Referred to Department”.
- During this stage, the College of Business evaluates the applicant’s credentials and makes admission decisions in consultation with the ITOM Program Director.
- The MSBA program follows the traditional FAU Fees Per Credit Hour schedule for Graduate Courses
- The MSBA program consists of a minimum of 30 credits
- Current tuition rates can be found on the FAU Controller’s site or in the Tuition, Fees and Refunds section of the FAU Catalog.
- Students in all stages of their academic careers may be eligible for financial aid.
While the process is roughly the same for each kind of student, sometimes there are
- Feel free to reach out to FAU's Financial Aid Office for more information
- FAU Graduate College Fellowships:
- FAU's Graduate College offers a wide variety of fellowships for graduate students. Refer to the FAU Graduate College for more information
- ITOM Department Fellowships
- The ITOM Department is sometimes able to award a Provost Fellowship once a year to the top MSBA application. However, the ITOM Department does not have funds for scholarship or financial aid.
- The College of Business also offers fellowships to graduate students from time to time. For more information, please contact the College of Business Graduate Advising Office.
- Scholarships for Women in STEM
- ComputerScience.org is part of a new initiative to form the next generation of engineers, developers, and network administrators, and they are striving to get more women involved.
- To learn more about these scholarships, visit computerscience.org.
- ITOM offers Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTA) on a competitive & semester by
semester basis to outstanding full-time graduate students who are accepted to the
- GTAs are required to work 20 hours a week (part-time) assisting faculty with various teaching activities, including grading, assisting students, and teaching lab sections of introductory MIS courses.
- GTAs earn an hourly wage and full & partial tuition waivers are also possible but not guaranteed
- GTAs are only offered to admitted students
- For more information or to apply, reach out to our department secretary Sheri Sundquist firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Course Credit Transfer
- No more than two graduate courses or 6 credits of graduate work can be transferred
from other accredited institutions and applied towards your MSBA degree program requirements.
- If you have already earned an MBA from FAU, you will NOT need to re-enroll in GEB 6215 or ISM 6026.
- Undergraduate course credits do NOT as graduate course credits.
- To learn more about credit transfers, please talk to a Graduate Advisor in the College of Business once you are accepted into the program.
STEM & OPT
- While the MSBA program is considered a STEM program (CIP Code 30.7102) due to the technical nature of the coursework, the MSBA program does NOT qualify for STEM OPT or a STEM OPT extension.
- Only degree programs that are on the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) STEM-designated degree list allow students to apply for the STEM OPT extension.
- For more information about OPT & STEM OPT, visit FAU's Office of International Student Services website for more details