Master of Science in Finance (MSF) Admissions & Application Process
The Office of Executive Education reviews candidate applications on an individual basis looking at both quantitative and qualitative aspects of an applicant's professional and academic background.
The College of Business seeks a diverse, highly-qualified group of graduate students. Applications are evaluated on several factors emphasizing prior academic performance, GMAT or GRE scores, work experience, and the potential for scholarly and professional success.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline; no business prerequisites are required
- GPA approximately 3.0 or higher over the last 60 undergraduate credits
- Four years of non-industry-specific professional work experience
- GMAT/GRE (see waiver information below)
GMAT/GRE Waiver Information
The GMAT or GRE will be waived if the applicant meets one of the following conditions:
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline with an upper division GPA of at least 3.0 AND an advanced degree (masters, doctoral, professional) with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Undergraduate degree in business with an upper division GPA of at least 3.0 AND at least four years in a finance affiliated industry such as banking, investment, accounting, insurance, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting from FAU AND upper division GPA is at least 3.0
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting from an AACSB-accredited School of Business with an upper division GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics from a SACS-accredited university with an upper division GPA of 3.5 or higher
If it is determined by the Admissions Committee that the GMAT or GRE is required, the minimum score requirement is:
GRE: (Verbal) 150; (Quantitative) 150; (Analytical Writing) 4