MS Finance Admission
The Office of Executive Education reviews candidate applications on an individual basis looking at both quantitative and qualitative aspects of an applicant's professional and academic background.
Please connect with us so we can help you with your admission.
We are here to assist you!
The College of Business seeks a diverse, highly-qualified group of graduate students. Applications are evaluated on several factors emphasizing prior academic performance, GMAT or GRE scores, work experience, and the potential for scholarly and professional success. In addition to other requirements for admission to the Graduate College at FAU, to be considered for the Master of Finance in Finance program in the College of Business, applicants must:
- Have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or the international equivalent.
- GPA approximately 3.0 or higher over last 60 undergraduate credits
- Submit a current resume with 3 academic or professional references including: reference name, title, company, contact information
- Submit two letters of recommendation - academic or professional
- Submit an official, competitive score on a GMAT or GRE exam taken within five years. An official GMAT score of at least 500 or GRE scores of at least 150 (verbal), 150 (quantitative) and 4 (analytical writing); Note: See next paragraph, GMAT Requirement/GMAT Waiver Information, for waiver information.
GMAT Requirement/GMAT Waiver Information
The GMAT or GRE will be waived if the applicant meets one of the following conditions:
- undergraduate degree in any discipline with an upper division GPA of at least 3.0 AND an advanced degree (masters, doctoral, professional) with at least a 3.0 GPA
- undergraduate degree in business with an upper division GPA of at least 3.0 AND at
least four years in a finance affiliated industry such as banking, investment,
accounting, insurance, etc.
- undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting from FAU AND upper division GPA is at least 3.0
- undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting from an AACSB accredited School of Business with an upper division GPA of 3.5 or higher
- undergraduate degree in mathematics from a SACS accredited university with an upper division GPA of 3.5 or higher
International Students/Students With Foreign Credentials
A graduate of a foreign college or university who has completed an academic program equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree are required to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a foreign credentials evaluation service that is a member of NACES. Please contact evaluation companies directly to determine the documents required to obtain this evaluation.
Official TOEFL or IELTS Score
The TOEFL or IELTS exam is required for international students.
The minimum College of Business requirement for the TOEFL is 600 (Paper-Based Test)
and 100 (Internet Based Test). The minimum College of Business requirement for IELTS
is a band score of 7.0.
FAU's school code for the TOEFL is 5229.
TOEFL - IELTS Minimum Requirements
|TOEFL||600 Paper Based|
|TOEFL||100 Internet Based|
|IELTS||7.0 Band Score|