Flexible MBA - Hospitality & Tourism Management
The tourism and hospitality industry is the #1 private employer in Florida as well as 35 other U.S. States! Further, visitor arrivals to Florida continue to grow decade after decade, with over 112 million visitors in 2016 alone. According to VISIT FLORIDA, for every 85-120 visitors that come to the state, one new full-time hospitality job is created. Additionally, the hospitality industry employs more minority managers than any other field and creates more millionaire entrepreneurs than any other business sector*.
The AACSB accredited MBA in Hospitality & Tourism Management at FAU prepares future leaders for the world’s largest service industry. It is a true MBA with the complement of hospitality-specific courses in addition to the core MBA traditional curriculum. By combining required competencies in finance, accounting, and marketing with managerial competencies and practices specific to the hospitality industry, graduates are well-prepared to succeed in any number of employment settings.
The MBA in Hospitality & Tourism Management degree program begins spring, summer, and fall semester.
Graduates are employed in every hospitality industry sector including:
- Hotels & Resorts
- Meeting & Convention Management
- Private Country Clubs
- Theme Parks
- Cruise Lines
- Restaurants and Catering
- Destination Management Companies
- Travel Agencies
- Destination Marketing Organizations
- Revenue Management
- Retail Operations
The focus of our MBA in Hospitality & Tourism Management program is to provide an environment where a concentrated effort between professor and student results in the mastery of all of the components of a graduate-level, business administration curriculum.
The program allows participants to continue their professional responsibilities while
earning a regionally-accredited MBA degree as full-time graduate or part-time graduate
Upon completion of the MBA program, you will have earned the Master of Business Administration degree together with a Hospitality & Tourism Management specialization.
- The program allows participants to continue their professional responsibilities while earning a regionally-accredited MBA degree as full-time or part time graduate students.
- The goal of the MBA is to prepare participating professionals to assume leadership roles so that they and their organizations can maximize their investments in education.
- Upon graduation, you will have achieved and conferred upon you the degree, Master of Business Administration.
*Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association CEO & Executive Director, Carol Dover