Overview of Course Information
Choose one of the two concentrations below and take all courses in the chosen concentration.
|Senior Year (18 credits)|
|Business Analytics Concentration*|
|Introduction to Business Analytics and Big Data (fall)||ISM 3116||3|
|Data Mining and Predictive Analytics (fall)||ISM 4117||3|
|Social Media and Web Analytics (spring) or||ISM 4420||3|
|Contemporary Issues in Digital Data Management (spring)||ISM 4041||3|
|Cyber Security Concentration*|
|Introduction to Cybersecurity(fall)||ISM 4320||3|
|Management of Information Assurance and Security (fall)||ISM 4323||3|
|Computer Forensics (spring)||ISM 4324||3|
|Required Graduate-Level Courses|
|Advanced Business Analytics (spring)||ISM 6405||3|
|Management of Information Systems and Technology (summer)||ISM 6026||3|
|Graduate Business Communication Applications (summer)||GEB 6215||3|
* ISM 4930, Special Topics, or ISM 4940, Information Technology and Operations Management Internship, may be used as substitutes to fulfill concentration requirements.
|Graduate (fifth) Year (24 credits)|
|Information Technology Project and Change Management||ISM 6316||3|
|Information Security Management||ISM 6328||3|
|Enterprise Information Technology Service
|Web-Based Business Development||ISM6508||3|
|Information Technology Sourcing Management||ISM6509||3|
|Choose from menu of CECS courses below||3|
Choose from menu of CECS courses below
|College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) Course Options, total 9 credits|
|Data Mining and Machine learning||CAP 6673||3|
|Software Testing||CEN 6076||3|
|Software Engineering||CEN 5035||3|
|Computer Data Security||CIS 6370||3|
|Computer Network Programming||CNT 5715||3|
|Mobile Computing||CNT 6517||3|
|Object-Oriented Software Design||COP 5339||3|
|Component Programming with .NET||COP 5595||3|
|Theory and Implementation of Database Systems||COP 6731||3|
|Topics in Computer Science (Advanced Web Technologies)||COT 5930||3|
|Wireless Networks||EEL 6591||3|
* ISM 6942, Graduate Information Technology and Operations Management Internship, may be substituted for one of the required College of Business courses (offerings are dependent upon employer availability).
** Students who took ISM 4320 and ISM 4323 need to consult with their graduate advisor to take a substitute course.
- Additional details about program courses can be found in the following document:
Technology Tools Used
- Interested in learning more about the tools/software/programs we use?
- Check out our Course Tool List Document to view a list of all the tools/software/programs we use in our MIS Courses
Course Spotlight Videos
- Interested in learning more about a specific Management Information Systems & Operations Management Course?
- Check out our course spotlight videos page and get an inside look into what goes on in each of our courses