Leadership Boot Camp
For any business to not only survive, but also grow and remain profitable, its team must master crucial skills in management and leadership: skills that will differentiate an organization when economic and inter-personal crises occur, and create the most innovative and effective leaders within. Florida Atlantic University’s Management and Leadership programs guide students to develop advanced practices in management and leadership and become the next generation of leaders.
Developed by leaders in the Executive Training, Coaching and Human Resource Management fields and approved for recertification credits by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI®).
Florida Atlantic University’s Leadership Boot Camp: The Art and Science of Effective Leadership is an intensive Management & Leadership Development Certificate Program, designed for Supervisors, Managers and Senior Leaders, and which combines proven-in-action techniques with peer interaction and insights from the latest research to help you master the competencies of effective leadership. It will benefit anyone with managerial responsibility that requires strong decision-making skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
This program is divided into 3-days, and includes core topics which address key subject areas necessary for management success:
Part I: Understanding Your Challenges as a Manager
Not all Managers are Leaders! We discuss what it takes to be a leader and have people follow you WILLINGLY. All leaders have goals and failing to plan is the same as planning to fail. Therefore managers need to be able to think and plan strategically and inspire their people to achieve their goals. This section discusses both strategic and tactical planning and shows the importance of group involvement in the process.
Key topics Include:
- Leadership Principles
- Being a Leader vs. Being a Manager
- Setting Goals and the Planning Process
- Managing Performance Standards & Accountability
Part II: Excellence in Management
Helping new leaders establish themselves in the often challenging role of manager and guiding experienced managers to manage more effectively is the focus of this session. Managers will: identify how attitude affects your efficacy as a leader as well as the output of your team, learn key techniques for team communication, and gain tools for encouraging maximum team performance overall.
Key Topics Include:
- Building Success Attitudes and Productive Habits
- Communicating for Performance Excellence
Effectively Managing Change - Changing Others by Changing You
Part II also includes an individual DiSC® assessment per participant.
- DiSC® is the leading personal assessment tool used to improve work productivity, teamwork and communication. DiSC is non-judgmental and helps associates within organizations discuss behavioral differences as they relate to performance.
Part III: Communication Skills for Leaders:
When you become responsible for managing people, you become responsible for handling communication styles across employees and addressing conflict. In this session, we will discuss the how to communicate effectively across cultures, accurately reading nonverbal behaviors, using techniques to build emotional intelligence and mediating conflict.
Key topics Include:
- Communicating Across Cultures
- Understanding Non-verbal Behaviors
- Emotional Intelligence Basics (Self-Awareness and Other-Awareness)
- Exploring Conflict
Participants are encouraged to bring their own management questions and get answers from executive leadership experts – experts who have improved the performance of executives and their teams around the world using proven and powerful listening and empowerment techniques.
Instructional Method and Format
- Instructor-led program
- Led by Executive Leadership Experts and Executive Coaches
- Accelerated leadership development program
- Focus on implementation and practice, with activities that will help participants readily apply what they have learned
- Participants will realize an instant ROI from the knowledge gained
- Participants are encouraged to use current management and leadership experiences and share challenges, lessons learned and best practices in the class discussions