Executive PhD in Business Administration
The Executive PhD in Business program at Florida Atlantic University’s AACSB-accredited College of Business is designed for senior level professionals with extensive industry experience looking to earn the highest academic degree in business while continuing to advance their full-time careers.
The three-year research-intensive Executive PhD is an 80-credit hour cohort-structured degree program taught by the high-caliber and active research faculty at FAU’s College of Business. The Executive PhD program focuses on developing mastery of advanced research methodologies and in-depth analytical skills empowering you to become a more effective executive. The program also allows individuals to focus their program in the following business research areas: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Information Technology, Management or Marketing.
In an executive format, you will learn how to merge your business knowledge and experience with academic rigor to conduct and interpret business research, make evidence-based evaluations to solve today’s complex business challenges, and create data-driven strategies for tomorrow’s business opportunities.
Why an Executive PhD in Business?
The Executive PhD in Business Administration is a professional doctoral program customized for senior managers, high-potential leaders, and C-suite professionals who want to become subject matter experts in their industries, highly valued thought leaders with fresh insights, and contributors of new knowledge and best practices to transform the future business landscape. The Executive Doctorate concentration enhances business, consulting, and research capabilities.
Business - Enhance your career with educational credentials and apply research competencies to advance to higher-level positions in your organization. Become part of the elite group with both C-suite and PhD designations.
Consulting - Apply your methodological and analytical skills to research-oriented consulting positions.
Government/Think Tanks - Contribute your understanding of research methodologies and skills to government agencies or to identifying and analyzing industry challenges for influential think tanks.
Why an Executive PhD at Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business?
FAU’s College of Business is one of the few AACSB-accredited business schools in the United States to offer a PhD in business in the executive format, and the first in Florida. We are also ranked among the top 15 largest colleges of business in the U.S.
Our Executive Education Degree programs are committed to excellence and provide an executive learning environment with instruction and advising by high-caliber research faculty, a career-friendly and cohort-structured format, VIP concierge support service for student success, state-of-the art facilities, and high-quality resources and amenities.
- FAU’s College of Business is AACSB-accredited, the highest accreditation distinction for business schools around the world and earned by only the top 5% of the world’s leading business colleges.
- Executive format – Earn your degree in three years. Attend residencies for the first two years; third year consists of independent research with limited on-campus visits (as determined by individual dissertation committees).
- The high-caliber, research-active faculty at FAU’s College of Business serves as instructors and faculty advisors for the Executive PhD program. We are as much a program of individual mentoring as one of courses and predetermined requirements. In the first year, each doctoral student is assigned a Faculty Advisor to supervise research projects, as needed, as well as give general guidance concerning academic and career development. Faculty also guides students in performing independent doctoral research and on presenting research findings.
- Cohort-structured program – Benefit by extending your network to include professionals sharing a similar high-level of experience and common goal of professional advancement.
- Culture of VIP concierge service - Executive Education’s 24/7 support model centers on each student’s educational success. Dedicated staff coordinators are available for every step of the program from admissions, the financial aid process, program duration, graduation, and maintaining alumni connections.
- Executive Experience in Office Depot Center for Executive Education. The College of Business new innovative facilities: our new 50,000 square foot state-of the art facilities on Boca Raton campus constructed as part of the Schmidt Family Complex for Academic and Athletics Excellence is set to open in 2019. The facility has the latest in educational technology, eight-tiered classrooms, two collaborative classrooms, a grand classroom, thirteen group rooms, private study areas, and our administrative offices.
- Resources and amenities at FAU also include the FAU Trading Room and the Bloomberg® laboratory. Spacious study and meeting spaces are available for FAU students, faculty, staff and our business community. Enjoy atrium dining with deliciously catered meals during residency weekends.
- The FAU Boca Raton Campus is located in South Florida, the heart of one of the nation's most desirable destinations, and is about three miles from the Atlantic Ocean as well as a convenient drive between two accessible airports: Palm Beach International 20 minutes north and Ft. Lauderdale International airport 30 minutes to the south.
- First AACSB-accredited Florida university to offer a research-intensive Executive PhD program.