Current Undergraduate Students
Welcome to Student Academic Services (Advising)
- Graduating Spring 23? Meet with an advisor on or before 1/27 for application for degree preapproval.
Meet with an Advisor
We are here to support you! Click the links below to jump to a topic on this page.
Current FAU students only: click the Virtual Kiosk to sign in (still under Starfish for the time being)
The virtual kiosk will be back online 2/2/23 at 8:30am-
When signing in, enter your phone number in the description so an advisor can contact you.
****Important: SPACE IS LIMITED; when capacity is reached, no further sign ins can be accepted.****
Additional Virtual Walk-in Guidelines:
- Please DO NOT sign in again if your name disappears from the list.
- If your name has disappeared from the list, an advisor has pulled your file and is preparing to call you. Please be patient and allow at least 10 minutes for the advisor to contact you at the phone number you provided.
- New Transfer Students: If you are a new student who has not yet met with a business advisor, you must make a scheduled advising appointment.
- Virtual walk-ins are best for quick questions and concerns, are on a space available basis, and should not exceed 15 minutes. Scheduled appointments are required for a comprehensive review.
- Requests for specific advisors or call back times cannot typically be honored.
We appreciate your patience, and look forward to assisting you!
Need a more comprehensive evaluation of your academic progress and plans? Please schedule an appointment. We look forward to speaking with you!
If needed, you can download the appointment instructions.
Appointments are available in person, via phone, or virtually.
I have a specific advisor with whom I want to meet; how can I find them?
Visit our Meet the Advisors page to find our personal availability links.
If you'd like to meet with one of our advisors to discuss our program requirements, please give us a call at 561-297-3688.
We also encourage you to visit our majors page to learn more about our programs. Thank you for your interest in the College of Business at FAU!
777 Glades Road
Fleming West Building (Bldg 23) Room #102
Boca Raton, FL 33431
3200 College Avenue
Liberal Arts Building Room# 444
Davie, FL 33314
Monday through Thursday: 8:00am to 12:30pm; 1:30pm to 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00am to 12:30pm; 1:00pm to 4:30 pm
See Advising Schedule Below
By Appointment Only: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Appointments must be scheduled 24 hours in advance; same day appointments are not available. In person, phone, and virtual appointments are available during regular office hours. Some appointments are available remote only before office hours at 7:30am and after hours at 5:30pm, 6:00pm, 6:30pm, and 7:00pm.
Virtual Walk-in: Thursdays beginning at 8:30am. Sign in on the virtual kiosk, and an advisor will return your call as soon as possible. Virtual walk-ins are on a space-available basis. Students must be signed in before 4pm, but the virtual kiosk may close earlier if there is a high volume of signins.
The College of Business Current Student Forms page has several forms that can be used to request exceptions to College or University policies in certain extenuating circumstances. You can also find links to other university forms.
Academic advising is not provided via e-mail; however, if you have recently met with an academic advisor, you can e-mail them directly if you are encountering registration errors or have other questions about that meeting. If you have a quick question, but do not remember the advisor with whom you met, contact us at COBAdvising@fau.edu. Please include your FAU Z number. Per university policy, we are not able to respond to any student-specific information unless you have contacted us from your FAU e-mail account.
- Student Resources
- Internship and Career Advising
- Mini-Term Courses
- Graduation Information