Introduction to Project Management In-Class
Florida Atlantic University’s Introduction to Project Management includes an introductory review of the internationally accepted A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)* and lays the foundation of project management methodology and practical application, focusing on best practices in project management.
Participants who enroll in this course will be able to:
- Discuss projects using PMBOK® Guide terminology
- Develop an integrated project plan using world-class best practices
- Acquire and develop the right project team
- Execute the integrated project plan
- Monitor and control progress against the baseline plan
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Manage and control change
- Close the project
More effectively utilize Microsoft Project software
* Beginning June 1, 2013 - this program will be based upon the PMBOK® Guide 5th edition.
Instructional Method & Format
- Taught by a PMP® credentialed instructor with over 20 years of real-world project management experience
- Includes lectures and guided discussions on common project management challenges
- Utilizes group exercises and case studies to reinforce the practical application of project management tools
Florida Atlantic University is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®, approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.