Certificate In SQL Programming
Certificate In SQL Programming
Data is all around us, being collected and harvested through every daily transaction, internet search, social media interaction, phone call, purchase, navigational aid, and meal – just for starters.
Every organization collects data, but only those with the talented and skilled individuals are able to translate raw data into meaningful information and functional visualizations. A proficiency in structured query language (SQL) is the basic fundamental for anyone working with data. As an essential query language, SQL is the leading developmental tool utilized to interact with database management systems. By having a functional understanding, built on not only the concepts but also the hands-on database interaction, will one then have the knowledge base to turn data into valuable information, necessary for critical business decisions that can affect the entire organization.
SQL is THE standard for both ANSI (American National Standards Institute) as well as ISO (International Organization for Standardization). Essentially, SQL is the standard language for one to communicate with databases through the storage, retrieval, manipulation, and deletion of data.
or Live Virtual
May 23 - July 11, 2024
6:30pm - 9:30pm
21 Hours - PDUs
$1,995 **EARLY BIRD: Register by Mar. 31, 2024 and pay only $1,795!
FAU Executive Education’s Certificate in SQL Programming will take participants from basic to advanced SQL commands. The program will then enhance one’s business and data analytics skills through the use of manipulation commands, data retrieval, table and report creation, and the setting of permissions and controls within a database management system. Regardless of industry, data is captured and stored by practically all business organizations.
Only through the understanding of SQL, will one be able to develop the tools and relationships necessary to transform raw data, extract valuable elements, and understand how the trade-offs in variant selection will influence choices. Utilizing the highly popular Oracle 21c database management system for this course, participants will not only gain robust SQL experience, but such experience and techniques that are highly valued by most of the world’s organizations.
With the Certificate in SQL Programming one will be able to:
- Use basic through advanced SQL commands for data retrieval both with and without conditions
- Perform database table creation and management
- Learn how to add data, update data, and remove data in tables
- Learn the aggregate functions used in business applications
- Combine table data and create back-ups to sync data
- Learn how to rank, compare, and sort data within a structured database
- Create and join tables via writing queries, sub-queries and aggregate functions
- Learn the core concepts of a Database Management System (DBMS)
- Perform functions such as store, retrieve, define, and manage data in a DBMS
- Designed and built for the working professional, the Certificate in SQL Programming is ideal for those whose professional goal is to be involved in the creation, analysis, and manipulation of data to create reports and visualizations necessary to facilitate business decisions. Experience with spreadsheets, especially Excel, is recommended.
Dr. Bharti Sharma has been teaching various Business Analytics courses in the College of Business at FAU since 2017. She has published research papers related to data analytics in prominent journals. She also has post-doctoral experience performing data analytics at the University of Miami.
Prior to her career in academia, she gained twelve years of extensive business analysis and programming experience working for Florida Power & Light company. As an educator, she believes in delivering the highest quality teaching content and focuses on hands-on learning using latest analytical tools.
- PhD (2014) Electrical Engineering, Florida Atlantic University
- BS (1996) Engineering, University of Pune
REQUEST INFORMATION NOW
FAU Executive Education - Certificate In SQL Programming
By providing your information, you consent to receive communications by phone and
email including via automated technology from Florida Atlantic University.
You may also choose to opt into text messaging.