Agile Project Management
Agile Project Management
In many industries, such as Information Technology, Product Development, and Manufacturing, project managers are often faced with complex projects that call for a great deal of vision, innovation, and creativity — requiring a delicate balance of flexibility and compliance.
Agile project management offers managers and leaders the skills, tools, and techniques to effectively manage the planning, execution, and delivery of challenging projects in an Agile or hybrid environment.
or Live Virtual
April 24 - 25, 2024
9:00am - 5:00pm
14 Hours - PDUs
$995 EARLY BIRD: Register by March 31, 2024 and pay only $895.50!
Florida Atlantic University's Agile Project Management introduces participants to the most popular Agile frameworks and learn how they align with traditional project management. They will learn the pros and cons of Agile techniques from a team member’s perspective, which will help them to create the right environment for self-organizing, self-managing teams to flourish.
Using presentations, Agile games, and group role play, this course will walk through the entire life cycle of an Agile-managed project.
Participants who take the course will be able to:
- Discuss projects using Agile terminology
- Apply the value proposition that this approach provides for organizations
- Determine the best role on the team for their expertise
- Acquire, develop, and empower the right project team
- Understand Agile cadence
- Participate on the project as a Servant Leader
- Monitor team progress and communicate effectively
- Assist in adopting Agile principles within the organization
Candidates for this class include:
- Individuals considering pursuing PMI®'s Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® certification (the 14 education hours can be used towards the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® education requirement)
- IT Managers, Project Managers, Team Leaders, Team Members, or Program Managers seeking an introduction to Agile tools and techniques
- Experienced Project Managers new to the Agile environment
Course Reference Material and Recommended* Student Materials:
- Coaching Agile Teams* — A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition by Lyssa Adkins (2010) ISBN#0321637704
- Presentations, Lessons, and Assignments provided to participants in a student workbook and included in tuition
- Shipping fees may apply.
Florida Atlantic University's Project Management Certification Programs are approved by The Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
Florida Atlantic University's Executive Education division is approved by The Project Management Institute (PMI)® as a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®.
Professional Development Units
All programs will generate Continuing Education/Professional Development Units (CEU/PDU) credits that may be applied toward receiving and maintaining The Project Management Institute's (PMI)® credentials.
PMP®, CAPM®, PMI-SP®, PMI-RMP®, PMI-PBA®, and PMI-ACP® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Barbara Zimmerman, (MSPM, BSIM, PMP®, PMI-RMP®, PMI-SP®, PMI-ACP®) has over 20 years experience in the Information Technology industry with half of that in project management.
As both a consultant and employee, she has obtained experience in the utilities, manufacturing, education, software development, and financial industries. As a trainer, she has delivered workshops in PMP® Exam Prep Certification, Project Management using Microsoft Project, and the Microsoft Office tools.
Also, Barbara had earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management from Purdue University and a Master of Science degree in Project Management at George Washington University.
REQUEST INFORMATION NOW
FAU Executive Education - Agile Project Management
By providing your information, you consent to receive communications by phone and
email including via automated technology from Florida Atlantic University.
You may also choose to opt into text messaging.