MBA - Sport Management
Going Beyond the Business of Sport
Florida’s original AACSB-accredited MBA in Sport Management.
The Florida Atlantic University (FAU) MBA in Sport Management is committed to producing top-notch managers and executives who are practitioner-oriented and are educationally, professionally, and ethically sound.
The MBA in Sport Management at Florida Atlantic University began its first full year of operation in August, 2000 with the hiring of its first full-time Director, Jim Riordan. Since its inception, over 90% of the program's graduates are employed in permanent, and/or full-time sport and/or entertainment industry positions.
MBA- Sport Management at a Glance...
MBA - Sport Management combines a superior, rigorous graduate business curriculum with a specialization module that emphasizes the business of sport. The program is practitioner oriented and students will be expected to participate in out-of-classroom practical experiences at local and regional sport and/or entertainment entities. Please make note of the following guidelines regarding Florida Atlantic University's MBA - Sport Management program:
- MBA - Sport Management students may not be employed outside of the sport industry during their tenure in the program.
- Students must be continually employed or involved with internships throughout their tenure in the program. All internships and sport-related employment are subject for approval by the program director.
- MBA - Sport Management is geared for those who are or wish to become managers and executives in the business side of the sport and entertainment industry. Our program is NOT suited for those pursuing careers in coaching, physical education, athletic training, exercise science, or sport medicine.
- MBA - Sport Management does not offer a thesis/track option.
- MBA - Sport Management does not offer part-time study, certificate option, or summer-only enrollment class. Students must register for continuous fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- No transfers from other Master's Degree programs within or outside of Florida Atlantic University are accepted into the MBA - Sport Management program.
- Sport management courses are only available to MBA - Sport Management students.
- Students must be able to have fulltime access to the Internet via a home or wireless connection.
The mission of this program is the training and development of individuals who possess the ability to undertake and complete the rigors of a high-quality gradute-level business program, for a career in the management and administration of the sport industry. The program is NOT designed for those individuals interested in the career as a teacher, coach, exercise scientist, athletics trainer, or researcher. Practical application of learned classroom knowledge is required and will be attained through internship and practical experiences during and after the students’ classroom tenure at FAU.
The primary objective of the FAU MBA - Sport Management is to train and develop the Sport executive and administrator of the 21st century. A means of attaining that goal will be the instilling of basic and advanced theories and techniques in the disciplines of management, marketing, finance, economics, and accounting. The FAU MBA - Sport Management is committed to producing top-notch managers and executives who are practitioner-oriented and are educationally, professionally and ethically sound.