CFP® – Financial Plan Development Capstone
One of the leading Finance certifications, the CFP® designation is the recognized standard for establishing professional credibility within the field of financial planning. The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Professional Certificate Program at Florida Atlantic University is registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc.(CFP Board). As a CFP Board-Registered Program, our courses satisfy the CFP Board’s education requirement, allowing an individual to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Format: Mondays & Wednesdays| On-Campus or Live Virtual
- Dates: July 26 - Sept. 27, 2023
- Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm (Mond)
- Time: 7:00pm- 10:30pm (Wed)
- Hours: 45 Hours/4.5 CEUs
- Sessions: 15
- Fee: $750
- Location: Boca Raton Campus or Live Virtual
Financial Plan Development Capstone
On March 4, 2010, the CFP Board's Board of Directors approved the addition of a financial
plan development course. This new 45-hour program must be satisfied in order to meet
the requirements set forth in the CFP Board's education standards.
The course has been designed to enhance the knowledge, skills and abilities of individuals seeking to attain CFP® certification and implement an assessment of their ability to deliver professional and competent financial planning services to the public.
Instructional Method and Format:
- Instructor-led by qualified CFP® certified professors
- A blended-learning approach which includes both in-class review, discussions, online assignments and practice questions.
- Incorporate in-class, online and independent study activities.
- Follows the CFP Board’s recommended curriculum which weights topics according to exam relevance
Florida Atlantic University does not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and federally registered CFP (with flame logo) certification marks. CFP certification is granted only by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience and examination requirements. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®,CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and federally registered CFP (with flame logo), which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements.