- Program Benefits
- Program Requirements
- Ideal Candidate
- Accreditation and Partnerships
- Advanced Project Scheduling
- Advanced Risk Management
- Advanced Work Breakdown Structure Concepts
- Earned Value Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Teams and Teamwork
- Value-driven Project Management Environments
Introduction to Project Management (Online)
Florida Atlantic University’s Introduction to Project Management Online course provides a high level overview of project management while providing the foundation for project management methodology and practical applications. Focusing on best practices in project management as determined by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. The Introduction to Project Management Online will touch upon the main concepts from the internationally accepted and widely utilized A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide).
Designed as fully online, self-paced course for those busy professionals with an interest in project management, or those that may be involved in projects who wish to obtain a better understanding of project management. The 27/4 access provides the maximum flexibility to those that are unable to commit to in-class courses or may be outside our local area or even in different time zones. This program provides the necessary foundation which can then be built upon for those seeking to advance their project management careers and education with subsequent courses like the Executive Certificate in Project Management, Agile Poject Management, and various PMI® credentialed exam preparation courses - all offered in a variety of formats through Florida Atlantic University's Executive Education Professional Development Programs.
- Format: Online
- Dates: Enroll Anytime
- Time: 8 week window to complete
- Hours: 24 Hours-PDUs/ 2.4 CEUs
- Fee: $1,100
Why participate in this course?
Florida Atlantic University's Introduction to Project Management guides participants through the complete life cycle of a project from concept to closure. Participants will leave with a portfolio of project management tools and techniques which support the delivery of projects on schedule, within budget and with minimal risk.
Participants who enroll in this course will be able to:
- Discuss projects using PMBOK® Guide terminology
- Develop an integrated project plan using world-class best practices
- Acquire and develop the right project team
- Execute the integrated project plan
- Monitor and control progress against the baseline plan
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Manage and control change
- Close the project
Note: The Introduction to Project Management Online course is not an exam preparation course and will not prepare you for the CAPM® or other exams.
Using presentations, lessons, and group assignments, this course will walk through the entire life cycle of a project.
Key course topics include:
- The Project Management lexicon
- Project selection and initiation
- Planning all aspects of the project
- Project Management activities during execution
- Closing the project and gathering lessons learned
Instructional Method & Format
- Convenient online, instructor-led program
- Taught by a certified PMP® instructor with over 20 years of real-world project management experience
- The instructor is available for guidance, discussions and to provide feedback on course work throughout the duration of the course
- Access to materials is convenient and available online 24/7; participants can study at their own pace and at their convenience
- Course is delivered online using the Canvas Learning Management System. Canvas has become the most popular and proven online learning solution in the world
Florida Atlantic University is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)® , approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
PMP®, CAPM®, PMI-SP®, PMI-RMP®, PMI-PBA®, and PMI-ACP® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Introduction to Project Management Online