Introduction to Project Management (In-Class)
Florida Atlantic University’s Introduction to Project Management includes an introductory
review of the internationally accepted A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and lays the foundation of project management methodology and practical application,
focusing on best practices in project management.
- Format: Tues./Wed./Thurs.
- Dates: May 12 - 14, 2020
- Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Hours: 24 Hours-PDUs/ 2.4 CEUs
- Sessions: 3
- Fee: $1,100
- Location: Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton Campus
Participants who enroll in this course will be able to:
- Discuss projects using PMBOK® Guide terminology
- Develop an integrated project plan using world-class best practices
- Acquire and develop the right project team
- Execute the integrated project plan
- Monitor and control progress against the baseline plan
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Manage and control change
- Close the project
- More effectively utilize Microsoft Project software
Instructional Method & Format
- Taught by a PMP® credentialed instructor with over 20 years of real-world project management experience
- Includes lectures and guided discussions on common project management challenges
- Utilizes group exercises and case studies to reinforce the practical application of project management tools
Florida Atlantic University is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®, approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
PMP®, CAPM®, PMI-SP®, PMI-RMP®, PMI-PBA®, and PMI-ACP® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Introduction to Project Management
"The course gave a good introduction to Project Management and was presented in a straightforward manner. I found the mind mapping and risk assessment exercises to be the most helpful in my current role. I would highly recommend this course. "
-- Lisa Musick-Kurtz
Sr. Manager, Store Operations