Introduction to Project Management
Florida Atlantic University’s Introduction to Project Management course provides a high level overview of project management while providing the foundation for project management methodology and practical applications. Focusing on best practices in project management as determined by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® . The Introduction to Project Management will touch upon the main concepts from the internationally accepted and widely utilized A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
Designed for those with an interest in project management, or those that may be involved in projects who wish to obtain a better understanding of project management, this program provides the necessary foundation which can then be built upon for those seeking to advance their project management careers and education with subsequent courses like the Executive Certificate in Project Management, Agile Project Management, and various PMI® credentialed exam preparation courses - all offered in a variety of formats through Florida Atlantic University's Executive Education Professional Development Programs.
- Format: Wed./Thurs. Fri.| On Campus or Live Virtual
- Dates: Jan. 17 -19, 2024
- Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Hours: 24 Hours-PDUs/ 2.4 CEUs
- Sessions: 3
- Location: Boca Raton Campus or Live Virtual
- Fee: $1,100**
**EARLY BIRD: Register and pay by Dec. 31, 2023 and pay only $990
Why participate in this course?
Florida Atlantic University's Introduction to Project Management guides participants through the complete life cycle of a project from concept to closure. Participants will leave with a portfolio of project management tools and techniques which support the delivery of projects on schedule, within budget and with minimal risk.
Participants who enroll in this course will be able to:
- Discuss projects using PMBOK® Guide terminology
- Develop an integrated project plan using world-class best practices
- Acquire and develop the right project team
- Execute the integrated project plan
- Monitor and control progress against the baseline plan
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Manage and control change
- Close the project and transition the results
Note: The Introduction to Project Management course is not an exam preparation course and will not prepare you for the CAPM® or other exams.
Using presentations, lessons, and group assignments, this course will walk through the entire life cycle of a project.
Key course topics include:
- The Project Management lexicon
- Project selection and initiation
- Planning all aspects of the project
- Project Management activities during execution
- Closing the project and gathering lessons learned
Instructional Method & Format
- Taught by a PMP® credentialed instructor with over 25 years of real-world project management experience
- Includes lectures and guided discussions on common project management challenges
- Utilizes group exercises and a variety of tools to reinforce the practical application of project management tools
Florida Atlantic University is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®, approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
PMP®, CAPM®, PMI-SP®, PMI-RMP®, PMI-PBA®, and PMI-ACP® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Introduction to Project Management
"The course gave a good introduction to Project Management and was presented in a straightforward manner. I found the mind mapping and risk assessment exercises to be the most helpful in my current role. I would highly recommend this course. "
-- Lisa Musick-Kurtz
Sr. Manager, Store Operations