Six Sigma Green Belt
Six Sigma Green Belt
Six Sigma is an integrated, disciplined, and proven approach for improving business performance, providing tangible business results and savings. Six Sigma Green Belts are able to participate in and deliver defined Six Sigma projects, and implement quality initiatives throughout an organization.
If you are pursuing a career which aids businesses in improving production and minimizes inefficiencies from every product, process, and customer transaction, Six Sigma certification will ensure that you have the knowledge and credential to succeed
July 20 - Aug. 17, 2024
8:30am - 4:30pm
35 Hours - PDUs
$2,625 **EARLY BIRD: Register by Mar. 31, 2024 and pay only $2,362.50!
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Green Belt certification program introduces participants to enhanced problem-solving skills, using the 'DMAIC' (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) model, and provides the knowledge and skills needed to form and facilitate Six Sigma teams and manage Six Sigma projects.
In addition, Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma certifications include Lean components. Six Sigma's focus on quality complements Lean techniques focus on efficiencies; and when combined, these skills promote business and operational excellence.
Participants will learn how to apply statistical methods and the DMAIC model for business process improvements as well as how to:
- Communicate business strategy across the organization
- Integrate with Lean Manufacturing, TOC, & other improvement methods
- Apply the 'DMAIC' model for improvement to current projects
- Select successful Six Sigma projects and project teams
- Plan and execute projects, implementing the Six Sigma methodolog
Candidates for this class include:
- Project managers
- Team leaders
- Programmers/Systems analysts
- Team members who will participate in improvement projects
- Candidates who wish to earn the Green Belt Certification and who are seeking to continue on for the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Recommended: The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook by Michael L. George, David Rowlands, Mark Price, John Maxey, ISBN: 978-0-07-144119-3
- Course Materials
- Presentations, Lessons, and Assignments provided to participants in Canvas online learning management system.
- Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint ) required
- Taught by a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Lecture-based lessons and interactive presentations
- Comprehensive case study analysis
- Each lesson has an assignment, deliverable or quiz associated with it
- Completion of a comprehensive 100-question exam and grade of 80% or above will result in participants' certification as a Six Sigma Green Belt
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Certification Programs are aligned with the recommendations of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), the International Society of Six Sigma Professionals (ISSSP), the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), and the Ohio State University Center for Operational Excellence, and seamlessly integrates Six Sigma, Project Management, and Lean Enterprise improvement methodologies
Florida Atlantic University's Executive Education division is approved by The Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®.
Professional Development Units
All programs will generate Continuing Education/Professional Development Units (CEU/PDU) credits that may be applied toward receiving and maintaining The Project Management Institute's (PMI) credentials.
Jerry Bridgewater, (BSEE, BSBA, AS, AMT, LSS MBB) has more than 20 years of experience in Lean and Six Sigma Implementations in the manufacturing industry. He has also implemented and performed numerous Employee Development training sessions.
He has worked globally, and has extensive experience in high-quality plant operations, labor relations, quality control, resolving customer conflicts, safety, and engineering. He has a proven track record of consistent contributions to increase production, quality, cost effectiveness, and profitability.
He has worked in leadership roles in a number of industries such as: Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Industrial, and Construction. He has worked on Project Implementations with organizations such as: Motorola, Delphi Automotive, Tyco, Abbott Laboratories, and H B Fuller Company.
Jerry’s practical and hands on teaching skills allow him to blend his diverse experience from the different industries with sessions in the classroom. He is a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
REQUEST INFORMATION NOW
FAU Executive Education - Six Sigma Green Belt
By providing your information, you consent to receive communications by phone and
email including via automated technology from Florida Atlantic University.
You may also choose to opt into text messaging.