Six Sigma Yellow Belt (Online)
Six Sigma Yellow Belt (Online)
Six Sigma is an integrated, disciplined, and proven approach for improving business performance, providing tangible business results and savings. Six Sigma Yellow Belts are able to contribute to defined Six Sigma projects, and implement quality initiatives throughout an organization under the guidance of Six Sigma Green and Black Belts.
If you are pursuing a career which aids businesses in improving production and minimizes inefficiencies from every product, process, and customer transaction, Six Sigma certification will ensure that you have the knowledge and credential to succeed.
As a busy professional, you’re concerned with maintaining the balance between your work, your life, and your desire to learn and advance within your career. With Florida Atlantic University’s Online Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification training, you can keep that balance in place. We bring the course to your desktop, providing knowledge on demand and at your convenience.
Florida Atlantic University’s Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Program will prepare students to support projects that are led by Green Belts or Black Belts. The role of the Yellow belt includes assisting in data collection, data analysis and process mapping. Students will learn how to use a variety of tools, techniques and practices to achieve cost reduction and quality improvement.
14 Hours - PDUs
3 month window to complete
Earning your Yellow Belt Certification from Florida Atlantic University is a proven way to maximize your performance, earn the respect of others and achieve greater professional success in any industry.
Taught by a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, our program is designed to provide a high-level understanding of the Six Sigma improvement model, concepts, and language, focusing on the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control methodology' by use of case studies and examples drawn from service, business processes, and practical applications.
The certification program will focus on service and information systems/information technology business processes as well as manufacturing processes, and examples from both types of businesses will be included.
The program will stress the connection between project management and Six Sigma, and how project managers can and will be more successful when using the Six Sigma approach and Six Sigma tools and techniques.
Participants who enroll in the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Program will learn how to:
- Think differently and do things differently when solving problems and improving processes.
- Know when to rely on a Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt for advanced statistical analysis or other types of help (the Yellow Belt is not expected to be proficient in statistical calculations or the use of statistical software such as Minitab).
- Decide if you want to pursue the Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
- Understand and apply basic Six Sigma concepts and the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control process.
- Apply basic process improvement methods within each step of the DMAIC framework.
Candidates for this class include:
- Individuals wishing to explore Six Sigma best practices, and earn the Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification
- First line operators
- Project managers
- Team leaders
- Programmers/Systems analysts
- Team members who will participate in improvement projects
- Anyone who may support the planning and execution of process improvement projects
Important to Note: The Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification is not a necessary pre-requisite for Six Sigma Green Belt.
- What is Six Sigma? by Pete Pande and Larry Holpp, ISBN: 978-0-07-138185-7
NOTE: The textbooks are provided with student tuition; pending registration date, books will be shipped in a timely manner for program start (reading assignments will begin with the first lesson). FAU is not responsible for delayed arrival of books due to import restrictions.*
- Course materials are downloadable
- Presentations, Lessons, and Assignments
* International Shipping Fees May Apply.
- Taught by a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Lecture-based lessons and interactive presentations
- Each lesson has an assignment, deliverable or quiz associated with it (a total of 30 required assignments)
- 50-question final exam, with a min, score of 70%, required
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Certification Programs are aligned with the recommendations of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), the International Society of Six Sigma Professionals (ISSSP), the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), and the Ohio State University Center for Operational Excellence, and seamlessly integrates Six Sigma, Project Management, and Lean Enterprise improvement methodologies
Florida Atlantic University's Executive Education division is approved by The Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®.
Professional Development Units
All programs will generate Continuing Education/Professional Development Units (CEU/PDU) credits that may be applied toward receiving and maintaining The Project Management Institute's (PMI) credentials.
Dave McSherry, BSBA Degree Finance, LSSBB, ISO 9000 auditor, has over 35 years of experience in Business Management. Presently, Chief Operating Officer for a Miami based Not for Profit organization.
Former Global Director of Operational Excellence (Lean Six Sigma) for a Fortune 500 Corporation. Held positions as COO, CFO, Director and Plant Manager. Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt. Taught and mentored numerous Master Black Belts, Black Belts and Green Belts. Past guest speaker for TLMI and Six Sigma & Process Excellence Conferences.
REQUEST INFORMATION NOW
FAU Executive Education - Six Sigma Yellow Belt (Online)
By providing your information, you consent to receive communications by phone and
email including via automated technology from Florida Atlantic University.
You may also choose to opt into text messaging.