B.B.A./B.S. to M.S. Combined Economics Degree
The Combined Economics B.B.A./B.S. to M.S. degree provides an opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree in Economics and a master’s degree in Economics in as little as five years.
Message from the Graduate Director
Introduction to the Combined Program:
Introduction to the MS Economics Program:
Benefits of the Program
- Reduce the time it takes to earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in economics.
- Take up to 9 credits of graduate courses in your senior year that count for both the bachelor's and master's degrees.
- GRE/GMAT requirement is waived.
- Opportunity for $2,000 Graduate College Pathway Scholarship
What are the requirements to apply?
- A cumulative GPA of 3.25 or better upon applying for the combined program, and maintaining at least a 3.25 GPA throughout remaining undergraduate coursework.
- Complete ECO 3101 (Intermediate Microeconomics), ECO 3203 (Intermediate Macroeconomics), and ECO 4421 (Introduction to Econometric Methods) with a grade of “B” or better in each course.
- Meet with your undergraduate advisor to discuss the combined BBA/BS to MS Degree Program Requirements and Graduate Admissions Application Process.
- Apply for the combined program (in the second semester of junior year or first semester of senior year) at: https://www.fau.edu/graduate/applyonline/business.php
- Complete the Graduate College Pathway Scholarship application form at: https://www.fau.edu/graduate/pathways.php
How long does the program take to complete?
A maximum of nine credits of graduate course work (with approval from academic advisor) will count toward both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees as long as the requirements for both degrees are satisfied. The Master’s degree requires a total of 30 graduate credits, which means if a student takes 9 graduate credits during their senior year, they will need just 21 additional graduate credits to earn the Master’s degree.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Eric Chiang