The Center for Services Marketing & Management has signed a Memorandum of Agreement with the Marketing Center Muenster at the University of Muenster, Germany. Under the agreement, the two units have agreed to cooperate along various aspects of teaching and research in the area of services, including:
- The development of collaborative research projects.
- The organization of joint academic and scientific activities, such as courses, conferences, seminars, symposia or lectures.
- The exchange of research and teaching personnel.
- The exchange of students.
- The exchange of publications and other materials of common interest.
The Journal of Value Chain Management, in association with the Marketing Center Muenster (University of Muenster) and the Center for Services Marketing and Management (Florida Atlantic University), will be publishing a special issue on E-Services as an edited volume. The issue is edited by Dr. Heiner Evanschitzky (University of Muenster) and Dr. Gopalkrishnan R. Iyer (Florida Atlantic University).
This special issue offers a thorough introduction and systematic overview of the new field ‘E-Services’. It covers the state-of-the-art of the research and development in various aspects including theory development, empirical studies, and applications of E-Services.
The companion edited volume is being published by GDUV/Springer Academic Press. An award for 2000 Euros for the best paper in the volume is sponsored by the Warsteiner Brauerei Haus Cramer KG, Germany.
Contributors to the Special Issue and Edited Volume:
- Dr. Suman Basuroy, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Florida Atlantic University, USA
- Martin Böttcher, Ph.D. Candidate, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Dr. Eileen Bridges, Professor of Marketing, Kent State University, USA
- Dr. Christos Douligeris, Associate Professor Informatics, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Dr. Shailendra Gajanan, Associate Professor of Economics, University of Pittsburg-Bradford, USA
- Dr. Ronald E. Goldsmith, Richard M. Baker Professor of Marketing, Florida State University, USA
- Dr. Charles F. Hofacker, Professor of Marketing, Florida State University, USA
- Hye-Young Kim, Ph.D. Candidate, University of Tennessee, USA
- Dr. Youn-Kyung Kim, Professor of Retail and Consumer Sciences, University of Tennessee, USA
- Dr. Angelo Manaresi, Professor of Marketing, University of Bolgna, Italy
- Kyrill Meyer, Research Associate & Project Manager, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Dr. Vikas Mittal, Professor of Marketing, University of Pittsburg, USA
- Dr. Francesca Dall’Olmo Riley, Reader in Marketing, Kingston University, UK
- Dr. Daniele Scarpi, Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Bologna, Italy
- Dr. Arun Sharma, Professor of Marketing, University of Miami, USA
- Dr. Jagdish N. Sheth, Kellstadt Professor of Marketing, Emory University, USA
- Esther Swilley, Ph.D. Candidate, Florida State University, USA
- Nicholaos Tilipakis, Ph.D. Candidate, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Dr. Michael Tsiros, University of Miami, USA
- Christian van Husen, Researcher, Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering, Germany
The Center provides the following support for FAU faculty and graduate students:
The Center for Services Marketing & Management invites FAU faculty and graduate students to submit proposals for research in the area of services marketing, service operations, and services management.
The Center will fund research activities that:
- Are on topics directly related to the area of services marketing and management
- Seek funding support not covered by any other sources within or outside FAU
- Seek funding only for activities that are directly related to data collection, data analysis, and manuscript preparation (such as copy editing) and provided that support for such is not available within FAU (e.g., the Center will not support requests for software already available through the IRM or College of Business)
In addition, the Center will require research grant awardees to:
- Acknowledge the Center’s support in all presentations, manuscripts, and papers
- Include the presentation and/or paper as part of the Center’s Working Paper Series
- Present their research at least one seminar held within FAU by the Center
- Submit a human subjects approval letter from IRB, where applicable
The Center for Services Marketing & Management invites proposals from FAU faculty and graduate students for travel to national and international conferences.
The Center will support attendance to conferences subject to the fulfillment of the following:
- The Conference should be directly related to the area of services marketing and management
- If a paper is being presented at a national conference, the paper should be directly related to the area of services marketing and management
- The funding sought is for registration expenses only
The Center will provide support for pedagogical activities so long as such activities are:
- Related directly to the development of a services marketing and management course or a services marketing and management module to be used in other courses
- Deemed necessary for the successful development and/or offering of the course
The Center will support activities that increase its visibility, reputation, and prominence among the local business community through training, workforce development, and other related activities. Funding for such increased emphasis within the local business community should be:
- Treated as seed capital expense for other revenue generating activities, such as training workshops, or creating long-term industry partnerships
- Utilized directly for activities that support the increased visibility, reputation, and prominence of the Center within the local business community