CFP® – Insurance Planning
One of the leading Finance certifications, the CFP® designation is the recognized standard for establishing professional credibility
within the field of financial planning. The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Professional
Certificate Program at Florida Atlantic University is registered with the Certified
Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board). As a CFP Board-Registered Program,
our courses satisfy the CFP Board’s education requirement, allowing an individual
to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Format: Thursdays | On Campus or Live Virtual
- Dates: Nov. 4, 2021 - Jan. 27, 2022
- Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Hours: 40 Hours/4.0 CEUs
- Sessions: 10
- Fee: $750
- Location: On Campus or Live Virtual
An overview of insurance for financial planning, including: basic insurance risk concepts and needs analysis, life, health, disability, property and casualty insurance, group insurance, long term care insurance, viatical settlements, and insurance policy and company selection.
Instructional Method and Format:
- Instructor-led by qualified CFP® certified professors
- A blended-learning approach which includes both in-class review,
- discussions, online assignments and practice questions.
- Incorporate in-class, online and independent study activities.
- Follows the CFP Board’s recommended curriculum which weights topics according to exam relevance
Florida Atlantic University does not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and federally registered CFP (with flame logo) certification marks. CFP certification is granted only by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience and examination requirements.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and federally registered CFP (with flame logo), which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements.