Six Sigma Black Belt Blended
Six Sigma Black Belt Blended
Six Sigma is an integrated, disciplined, and proven approach for improving business performance, providing tangible business results and savings. Six Sigma Black Belts are able to initiate and lead defined Six Sigma projects, and implement quality initiatives throughout an organization while providing mentorship and guidance to Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belts.
If you are pursuing a career which aids businesses in improving production and minimizes inefficiencies from every product, process, and customer transaction, Six Sigma certification will ensure that you have the knowledge and credential to succeed.
Apr. 27 - Jun. 1, 2024 (In-Class)
Jun. 1, 2024 – May 31, 2025 (Online)
8:30am - 4:30pm (In-Class)
70 Hours - PDUs
5 Saturdays & Online
$5,135 **EARLY BIRD: Register by Mar. 31, 2024 and pay only $4,621.50!
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to manage advanced Six Sigma projects and to actively lead organization-wide improvement efforts.
In addition, Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma certifications include Lean components. Six Sigma's focus on quality complements Lean techniques focused on efficiencies; and, when combined, these skills promote business and operational excellence.
Six Sigma Black Belts will be able to utilize statistical analysis software to advance organizational cost reduction and quality improvement efforts. They will also be able to guide, mentor, and define projects for Green and Yellow Belts.
Participants will learn how to apply statistical methods and the DMAIC model for business process improvements as well as how to:
- Define projects for Green Belts
- Become actively involved in organizational change
- Utilize statistical analysis software (Minitab - can be ordered as an additional product at time of program registration)
- Mentor and guide Green Belts
- Manage advanced Six Sigma projects
Candidates for this class include:
- Project managers
- Team leaders
- Programmers/Systems analysts
- Team members who will participate in improvement projects
- Business Analysts
- Operations Managers
- Implementing Six Sigma — Second Edition, by Forrest W. Breyfogle III, ISBN: 978-0-471-26572-6
- The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook, by Michael L. George, David Rowlands, Mark Price, John Maxey, ISBN: 978-0-07-144119-3
NOTE: The textbooks are provided with student tuition and are provided on the first day of class (reading assignments will begin with the first lesson).
- Participants will also receive a comprehensive participant workbook
- Presentations, Lessons, and Assignments
- Participants must have or will be provided with the latest version of the SigmaXL software.
Participants must have access to the following while going through the blended course:
- Scientific calculator capable of powers, roots, and logs; or calculator-based software that will perform these functions
- A computer/laptop/tablet with Microsoft Excel is required, along with the necessary password/authority to load software. NOTE: Your device must meet the system requirements for SigmaXL as well as the requirements for accessing the online learning management system: Canvas
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Data on real-life problems and performance measures
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Certification Programs are aligned with the recommendations of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), the International Society of Six Sigma Professionals (ISSSP), the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), and the Ohio State University Center for Operational Excellence, and seamlessly integrates Six Sigma, Project Management, and Lean Enterprise improvement methodologies
Florida Atlantic University's Executive Education division is approved by The Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®.
Professional Development Units
All programs will generate Continuing Education/Professional Development Units (CEU/PDU) credits that may be applied toward receiving and maintaining The Project Management Institute's (PMI) credentials.
Jerry Bridgewater, (BSEE, BSBA, AS, AMT, LSS MBB) has more than 20 years of experience in Lean and Six Sigma Implementations in the manufacturing industry. He has also implemented and performed numerous Employee Development training sessions.
Dave McSherry, BSBA Degree Finance, LSSBB, ISO 9000 auditor, has over 35 years of experience in Business Management. Presently, Chief Operating Officer for a Miami based Not for Profit organization.
REQUEST INFORMATION NOW
FAU Executive Education - Six Sigma Black Belt Blended
By providing your information, you consent to receive communications by phone and
email including via automated technology from Florida Atlantic University.
You may also choose to opt into text messaging.