Six Sigma Black Belt Blended
Six Sigma is an integrated, disciplined, and proven approach for improving business performance, providing tangible business results and savings. Six Sigma Black Belts are able to initiate and lead defined Six Sigma projects, and implement quality initiatives throughout an organization while providing mentorship and guidance to Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belts.
If you are pursuing a career which aids businesses in improving production and minimizes inefficiencies from every product, process, and customer transaction, Six Sigma certification will ensure that you have the knowledge and credential to succeed.
- Format: Saturdays | Live Virtual
- Dates: April 10 – May 8, 2021 (In-Class, 5 Saturdays) + May 9, 2021 – May 8, 2022 (Online)
- Time: (In-Class) 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Hours: 70 Hours - PDUs/7.0 CEUs
- Location: Live Virtual
- Fee: $5,135
Six Sigma Black Belt
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to manage advanced Six Sigma projects and to actively lead organization-wide improvement efforts. In addition, Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma certifications include Lean components. Six Sigma's focus on quality complements Lean techniques focused on efficiencies; and, when combined, these skills promote business and operational excellence.
Six Sigma Black Belts will be able to utilize statistical analysis software to advance organizational cost reduction and quality improvement efforts. They will also be able to guide, mentor, and define projects for Green and Yellow Belts.
Participants who enroll in the Six Sigma Black Belt certification program will learn how to:
- Define projects for Green Belts
- Become actively involved in organizational change
- Utilize statistical analysis software (Minitab - can be ordered as an additional product at time of program registration)
- Mentor and guide Green Belts
- Manage advanced Six Sigma projects
Instructional Method and Format
- Taught by a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Lecture-based lessons and interactive presentations (35 hours) and instructor-led virtual coursework (35 hours)
- Identification, approval, and completion of a relevant Black Belt project from inception to implementation is required
- Students who are unable to plan and execute a real-world improvement project may request to complete the assignment in the second portion of the course by analyzing a comprehensive Case Study. Such requests will be reviewed on an individual basis.