Whether you are looking for an internship or full-time job the process is the same. A career action plan is a series of steps to help you obtain the position that best fits with your career goals. Follow these six steps to a successful job search and start early.
- Explore career and internship opportunities in your industry, major, area of interest.
- Identify a list of jobs, internships and companies that meet your criteria.
- Review job descriptions carefully and understand job responsibilities
- Customize your resume and cover letter for each position you apply for.
- Apply and activate your professional network to help you advance in the interview process.
- Follow up after you apply and after you interview.
There are great services and resources to assist in this process.
- FAU Handshake - Internship, job, and employment event database with opportunities for FAU students including career fairs, and companies on campus
- LinkedIn - Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and internship and career opportunities. Use this Checklist to create a great profile.
- Diversity and Inclusive Internship Programs and Services - apply today for nationwide internships with Fortune 500 companies and Capitol Hill
Not sure where to start...
- Khan Academy Careers - Videos on what a career in business, technology, marketing, etc. looks like and real people discuss how they found their careers
- Career Lab on Demand - Podcasts from professional women and top companies