Course Information - Cyber Security
The following four courses comprise the Cyber Security certificate. Three of the courses are specific to Cyber Security concepts and tools, and the fourth course covers networking concepts. Please read the descriptions of each course below for more information.
ISM 4320 - Introduction to Cybersecurity
- This course offers a balance of the managerial and technical aspects of information security. A comprehensive overview is offered of security issues related to operating systems, databases, networks, physical and infrastructural security, and cryptography.
ISM 4323 - Management of Information Assurance and Security*
- This course emphasizes information security policy development, security management planning, risk assessment and risk management, disaster recovery and business continuity, and personnel issues related to security management.
ISM 4324 - Computer Forensics
- This course introduces basic computer forensics tools, and then emphasizes digital evidence controls, data acquisition, computer forensic analysis, file recovery, and network and email forensics.
ISM 4220 - Business Data Communications
- Prerequisite: ISM 2000
- This course introduces students to the fundamentals of communication technology including wide-area networks and organizational impacts of communication-based innovations.
Technology Tools Used In Courses:
- ISM 4220 (Data Communications): WireShark, Netstat, & Tracert
- ISM 4320 (Cyber Security): Snort, MS Security Compliance Manager, GREYC Keystroke
- ISM 4323 (Info Assurance): Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project
- ISM 4324 (Forensics):Technology Pathway ProDiscover Forensics & Access Data Registry Viewer
Course Spotlight Videos
- Interested in learning more about a specific Management Information Systems & Operations Management Course?
- Click here to check out our course spotlight videos and get an inside look into what goes on in each of our courses