MBA Sport Management
The Department of Management Programs offers an MBA specialization in Sport Management.
The Florida Atlantic University (FAU) MBA - Sport Management degree program is committed to producing top-notch managers and executives who are practitioner-oriented and are educationally, professionally, and ethically sound. Florida’s original AACSB-accredited MBA - Sport Management degree program is offered both through on-campus classes in Boca Raton, Florida and online classes that can be taken from anywhere in the world.
The MBA - Sport Management at Florida Atlantic University began its first full year of operation in August, 2000 with the hiring of its first full-time Director, Jim Riordan. Since its inception, most of the program's graduates are employed in permanent, and/or full-time sport and/or entertainment industry positions.
MBA- Sport Management at a Glance...
The MBA - Sport Management degree program combines a superior, rigorous graduate business curriculum with a specialization module that emphasizes the business of sport. Classes are offered both on-campus in Boca Raton, Florida and online. The program is practitioner oriented and students will be expected to participate in out-of-classroom practical experiences at local and regional sport and/or entertainment entities. Please make note of the following guidelines regarding Florida Atlantic University's MBA - Sport Management program:
- MBA - Sport Management students may not be employed outside of the sport industry during their tenure in the program.
- Students taking classes on-campus must be continually employed or involved with internships throughout their tenure in the program. Students enrolled in the online version of the program are ENCOURAGED BUT NOT REQUIRED to work full-time, part-time or have a current internship. The value of the MBA - Sport Management degree will increase and the overall MBA experience will be enhanced if the student is involved with the industry on a practical and applied basis. All internships and sport-related employment are subject for approval by the program director.
- MBA - Sport Management does not offer a thesis/track option.
- Sport management courses are only available to MBA - Sport Management students.
- Students must be able to have full-time access to the Internet via a home or wireless connection.
The mission of this program is the training and development of individuals who possess the ability to undertake and complete the rigors of a high-quality, graduate-level business program, for a career in the management and administration of the sport industry. Practical application of learned classroom knowledge is required and will be attained through internship and practical experiences during and after the students’ classroom tenure at FAU.
The primary objective of the FAU MBA - Sport Management is to train and develop the Sport executive and administrator of the 21st century. A means of attaining that goal will be the instilling of basic and advanced theories and techniques in the disciplines of management, marketing, finance, economics, and accounting. The FAU MBA - Sport Management is committed to producing top-notch managers and executives who are practitioner-oriented and are educationally, professionally and ethically sound.
Find about more about the MBA - Sport Management program.