MBA in Sport Management (MBA Sport)
Going Beyond the Business of Sport - On Campus or Fully Online MBA Sport Program
Florida’s original AACSB-accredited MBA - Sport Management degree program is offered both through on-campus classes in Boca Raton, Florida and online classes that can be taken from anywhere in the world.
The Florida Atlantic University (FAU) MBA - Sport Management degree program is committed to producing top-notch managers and executives who are practitioner-oriented and are educationally, professionally, and ethically sound.
The MBA - Sport Management at Florida Atlantic University began its first full year of operation in August, 2000 with the hiring of its first full-time Director, Jim Riordan. Since its inception, most of the program's graduates are employed in permanent, and/or full-time sport and/or entertainment industry positions.
The MBA in Sport Management On-Campus program begins fall and spring semester at the Boca Raton Campus, Tuesday and Thursday nights .
- Fall 2020 On-Campus starts: August 25, 2020
COVID -19 Message
The On-campus Master of Business Administration in Sport Management program is delivered through live synchronous sessions during scheduled class days and times on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Additionally, asynchronous class lectures and mini-lectures are recorded and accessible on demand to enhance class study in our digital learning management system, Canvas.
When Florida Atlantic University is permitted to reopen our campuses for physical attendance—as determined by the State University System—Executive Education will resume on-campus classroom attendance according to established regulations. Physical attendance in the classroom will be optional until effective regulations allow for a full return to on-campus immersion.
The MBA in Sport Management Online program begins each summer, fall, and, spring semester.
- Summer 2020 Online starts: May 23, 2020
- Fall 2020 Online starts: August 22, 2020
MBA- Sport Management at a Glance...
The MBA - Sport Management degree program combines a superior, rigorous graduate business curriculum with a specialization module that emphasizes the business of sport. Classes are offered both on-campus in Boca Raton, Florida and online. The program is practitioner oriented and students will be expected to participate in out-of-classroom practical experiences at local and regional sport and/or entertainment entities. Please make note of the following guidelines regarding Florida Atlantic University's MBA - Sport Management program:
- MBA - Sport Management students may not be employed outside of the sport industry during their tenure in the program.
- Students taking classes on-campus must be continually employed or involved with internships throughout their tenure in the program. Students enrolled in the online version of the program are ENCOURAGED BUT NOT REQUIRED to work full-time, part-time or have a current internship. The value of the MBA - Sport Management degree will increase and the overall MBA experience will be enhanced if the student is involved with the industry on a practical and applied basis. All internships and sport-related employment are subject for approval by the program director. (Based on the current global pandemic, our team will work with students regarding the internship requirement on a case-by-case basis.)
- MBA - Sport Management does not offer a thesis/track option.
- Sport management courses are only available to MBA - Sport Management students.
- Students must be able to have full-time access to the Internet via a home or wireless connection.
The mission of this program is the training and development of individuals who possess the ability to undertake and complete the rigors of a high-quality, graduate-level business program, for a career in the management and administration of the sport industry. Practical application of learned classroom knowledge is required and will be attained through internship and practical experiences during and after the students’ classroom tenure at FAU.
The primary objective of the FAU MBA - Sport Management is to train and develop the Sport executive and administrator of the 21st century. A means of attaining that goal will be the instilling of basic and advanced theories and techniques in the disciplines of management, marketing, finance, economics, and accounting. The FAU MBA - Sport Management is committed to producing top-notch managers and executives who are practitioner-oriented and are educationally, professionally and ethically sound.
FOX Sports college football reporter and host Jenny Taft is one of more than a dozen media personalities and sports executives speaking virtually to two classes this summer in Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business.
What's Happening @FAUbusiness Podcast Interview with MBASport '18 Alum Hunter Greer
ESPN 106.3 FM Interview with Dr. Riordan
ESPN 106.3 FM Interview with FAU Dean of the College of Business
ESPN 106.3 FM Interview with FAU MBA Sport Alum