Certificate in Human Resource Management
Human Resource Professionals account for almost 1 million jobs in the current economy. Because managing resources is critical to an organization's success, knowledgeable and skilled Human Resource professionals are always in high demand. Human Resource professionals have evolved from behind-the-scenes administrators to leading the company in acquiring top talent and changing policies. Today's Human Resource generalists and specialists are tasked not only with talent management but are increasingly relied upon by senior executives to contribute to strategic planning.
Developed by leaders in the Human Resource Management field and approved for recertification credits by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI®), Florida Atlantic University's Certificate in Human Resource Management program prepares you to be an effective and integral member of an organization's Human Resource Management team.
- Format: Wednesdays | On-Campus or Live Virtual
- Dates: May 8 - August 7, 2024
- Time: 6:30pm - 9:30pm EST
- Hours: 42 Hours / 4.2 CEUs
- Sessions: 14
- Location: Boca Raton Campus or Live Virtual
- Fee: $1595**
**EARLY BIRD: Register and pay by Mar. 31, 2024 and pay only $1435.50!
The Certificate Program in Human Resource Management is designed for Human Resource professionals and those who want to become Human Resource professionals to develop the knowledge, methods, and skills necessary to meet the challenges of today's changing workplace.
Participants who take this course will learn about:
- Impact of Personal Style (including DiSC Assessment)
- Internal Consulting & Communication
- Human Resource Management in a Changing Environment
- Strategic Management
- Globalization in HR Policy and Practice
- Labor Relations in Today's Workforce and the National Labor Relations Act
- Employee Relations in a Non-Union Environment
- Compensation & Benefits
- Equal Opportunity Employment
- Legal Issues: Safety and Security/OSHA/ FMLA
- Performance Management and Appraisal
- Training and Development
- Succession Planning
- Conflict and Change Management
- Personnel Selection
- Recruitment and Interviewing
- Human Resources & Technology
- Social Media and Its Place in HR
- Project Management for the Human Resource Professional
- Performance Metrics
Instructional Method and Format
- Instructor-led program
- Instructors are practicing Human Resource professionals with extensive experience and successful careers within the field of Human Resource Management
- Curriculum offers an overview of human resource management concepts and principles delivered using lectures, small group case studies, discussions, carefully selected and up-to-date journal articles and includes real-life scenarios and experiences
This program has been approved through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.