The following comments are anonymously sourced from the Students Perception of Teaching (SPOTs) surveys given to students in GEB 6215.
What did you like most about this course?
- "The professor’s feedback on assignments, the presentations, and the curriculum that
can so easily be used for the real business world."
- "It was a good introductory course for my MBA; it got me on point."
- "Very refreshing. It was learning useful skills that I will be able to implement in
my professional career."
- "I learned how to communicate with my supervisor and was able to earn a promotion
due to my enhanced communication skills. Communication used to be one of my weakest
points, but after this course I feel more confident and have a lot more direction
on how to better my skill."
- "The real-life application of preparing for presentations that we can use in our own
- "Assignments in the class were encouraged to be in direct relation to what we, as
students, are doing for our own company. As a result, the projects in many cases would
have benefits beyond the class and not just for a grade."
- "The fact that the instructor helped us connect real-world happenings with classroom
- "I learned a lot taking this class, especially on how to be effective and get straight
to the point."
- "Great kick-off course for the MBA program. Excellent foundation in communications,
specifically in writing and presenting, which should be highly valuable for the remainder
of the program."
- "I was pleasantly surprised to realize I was immediately applying discussion topics at work with my writing strategy and technique. I saw a tremendous change in my performance at work."