Online BBA (OBBA) - Marketing
As greater Internet access worldwide resulted in the proliferation of consumer contact points, marketing, or the process of establishing, maintaining and reinforcing customer relationships through brand communication, advertising and social media outreach, has become increasingly essential. FAU’s Online BBA (OBBA) program in Marketing prepares students for marketing positions in a broad range of industries through development of technical skills in advertising, personal selling and negotiation, lead generation, promotional management, digital marketing, business analytics and competitive intelligence.
As a Marketing major, students learn how to:
- Write engaging content for social media management and digital marketing campaigns
- Create pricing and promotional strategies for goods and services
- Choose appropriate media channels and allocate advertising dollars accordingly
- Analyze website KPIs and make strategic recommendations to senior management
- Collect consumer feedback through surveys, focus groups, and social media interactions
The rise of e-commerce has drastically changed the marketing landscape, with more budget and attention now being allocated to the increasingly vital channels of YouTube and social media, and with marketers now using influencer and content marketing to reach consumers instead of traditional television advertising and in-store promotions. Marketing managers are able to understand the market landscape, craft custom customer communication strategies and create brand experiences designed to attract and retain attention in oversaturated markets. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment is projected to increase 8% from 2018-2028, faster than average for most occupations. The medium annual wage was $117,130 in May 2018, with the top 10% of marketers earning in excess of $ 208,000.
Faculty with international education and research experience lead the Online BBA (OBBA) program in Marketing, teaching students how to analyze consumer behavior, conduct market research, segment the market, and utilize consumer knowledge to effectively price and promote products. Degree completion prepares students for careers in a broad variety of industries and across a diverse range of career paths in areas such as brand management, consumer marketing, retail management, marketing research, business-to-business marketing, and international marketing.
What type of roles can I get with this degree?
- Marketing Manager
- Promotions Director
- Brand Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Social Media Manager
- SEO Specialist
To declare an Online BBA (OBBA) in Marketing degree, students must have earned 60 credit hours, satisfied the foreign language admission requirement (FLENT), achieved a minimum 2.5 GPA in the Pre-Business Foundation courses.
A minimum of 120 credit hours are required for the degree. Applications are accepted in any term.
Marketing Major Coursework Includes:
- Marketing Strategy MAR4803
- Four required Marketing Electives. Students can choose from a variety of coursework.
Some examples include:
- Principles of Advertising MAR3326
- International Marketing MAR4156
- Digital Marketing MAR4721
- Promotional Management MAR4323
- Retail Management MAR4231
- Consumer Behavior MAR4503
Download the Marketing Major Program Sheet
Download the Admissions Policy to Online BBA Majors in the College of Business
Visit the Marketing Department
Learn about the Graduate Programs offered by the College of Business