Transfer Course Substitutions
College of Business Courses
Courses that did not automatically transfer as equivalent to an FAU business course can be reviewed to see if a substitution can be made.
- Download Form 2: The Course Equivalent/Substitution Petition and review all instructions.
- A separate form is needed for each course that is petitioned.
- Submit to Student Academic Services in the College of Business.
Intellectual Foundation Program (IFP) Courses
All students who transfer to FAU with an Associate in Arts degree from a Florida public institution are deemed to have satisfied the IFP. Other students may wish to petition IFP courses if they feel they have taken something equivalent. All questions about IFP courses should be directed to University Advising Services.
- Download the IFP petition and review all instructions.
- Bring to a College of Business academic advisor for their signature.
- Submit to the University Advising Services office in the Student Services Building, SU 80.
Course descriptions are usually required for any course substitution petition. Your previous institution's catalog should have course description information or you can visit www.collegesource.org.