Career Outlook - Healthcare Information Systems
Overview of Career Outlook
Job Prospects for Healthcare Information Systems Minor and Certificate Holders
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the "employment of medical records and health information specialists is projected to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations."
- Clinical systems analysts are computer systems analysts that manage computer information systems in hospitals or clinics. The median salary for these professionals in 2020 was $93,730, and the projected job growth from 2019-2029 is 7% according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Jobs in High Demand in Healthcare Information Systems
- Healthcare systems analyst
- Health information technician
- Clinical systems analyst
- Business analyst
- Health/Nursing informatics specialist
- Medical records specialist
- Information systems analyst
- Chief Medical Information Officer
Existing Professions Benefiting from Skills in Healthcare Information Systems
- Healthcare administration
- Biomedical sciences
- Actuarial science
- Information technology
- Management information systems
- Our graduates are among the most versatile and mobile professionals, transferrable among industries and locations.
- Graduates of our programs have been placed in some of the top firms in the country including Microsoft, Citrix, and Office Depot
- To see the recent job placement of our graduates, visit our "Where are they now?" page
- To learn more about our graduates and hear their success stories, visit our Graduates page