MBA in Sport Management (MBA Sport) Admission & Application Process
The Office of Executive Education reviews candidate applications on an individual basis looking at both quantitative and qualitative aspects of an applicant's professional and academic background.
Program Start Dates
Boca Raton Campus:
- Fall 2021 On-campus starts: Tuesday, August 24, 2021
- Fall 2021 Online starts: Saturday, August 21, 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline; no business prerequisites are required
- GPA approximately 3.0 or higher over the last 60 undergraduate credits
- Four years professional work experience preferred
- GMAT/GRE scores are not required for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 applicants
Complete the Departmental Supplemental Application
Boca Raton Campus:
On-campus Program Fall 2021: Click HERE to start/return to your Supplemental Application.
Online Program Fall 2021: Click HERE to start/return to your Supplemental Application.
The department recommends applying by July for the Fall semester, by November for the Spring semester, and by April for the Summer semester (online program only). There is a rolling admission process and based on availability, qualified applicants may be considered for admission until the program start date. You are encouraged to apply early to secure your admission into the program.
Item 1: Submit Current Resume
Current resume with three academic or professional references on last page including: reference name, title, company, contact information.
Item 2: Personal Essay
- Essay content must address the following:
- Why do you want to join the FAU MBA in Sport Management program?
- What are your future career plans?
- Describe any previous experience you have in the sport industry.
- Essay format should be/include:
- Your full name at the top of each page.
- Typed, double spaced, and a minimum of two pages.
- Written in essay format, not "question and answer" format.
- Written in a Microsoft Word document.
Item 3: Submit Unofficial Transcript(s) or Unofficial Transcript Evaluation
Upload your unofficial transcript(s) from your bachelor’s program or transcript evaluation (this step is NOT required for FAU graduates). If you only have an official copy of your transcripts or evaluation, please mail them to our office (listed below). Graduates of a foreign college who have completed an academic program equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree are required to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a foreign credentials evaluation service that is a member of NACES.
Interview Process (On-campus program only)
*Until further notice, all interviews will be conducted virtually.
The admissions committee will review all completed applications and notify you with the admissions decision. If the admissions decision is positive, the admissions office will schedule an interview. Interviews are by invitation only and are a required step in the admissions process. The invitation to interview does not guarantee admission to the MBA in Sport Management program.
Decision and Next Steps
Upon successful review of the Supplemental Application documents, you will be informed of your admission status. If accepted, your admissions coordinator will send you information for the next steps to complete the application process.
GMAT/GRE scores are not required for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 applicants. GMAT/GRE waiver eligibility is based on evaluation of credentials listed under “Admissions Criteria.” A waiver may also be granted with the completion of an advanced degree (Master’s, Doctoral, Professional) from a regionally accredited university or institution. A waiver will be considered only after the committee is able to review a completed application. If you are advised to re-apply to the program with a GMAT/GRE exam score, the committee recommends a GMAT total score of 500 or a GRE score of Verbal: 143, Quantitative: 144, Writing: 4.
Upon application review, an interview by the Executive Education Admissions Committee may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
English Proficiency Exam
Non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of proficiency in English from: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo. Please note, applicants are responsible for making arrangements to schedule the test(s).
The minimum College of Business requirements
- TOEFL is 600 for the Paper-Based Test and 100 for the Internet Based Test (FAU's school code is 5229)
- IELTS is a band score of 7.0
- Duolingo exam is 90
Here is the official FAU regulation on English Language Proficiency
Regulation 4.009. Non-Native speakers of English are not required to submit proof of English language proficiency if they meet one of the following:
- Completion of at least three years of secondary education from a high school based in a country where English is the majority native-speaking language, or where English is the primary language of instruction starting in the primary grades.
- Completion of at least three years of secondary education from a high school based in the United States or abroad with full curriculum of instruction in English.
- Completion of at least sixty (60) post-secondary credits or an associate degree or higher from a U.S. regionally accredited postsecondary institution or from a recognized post-secondary institution abroad with full curriculum of instruction in English