MBA in Sport Management Admissions and Application Process
The Office of Executive Education reviews candidate applications on an individual basis looking at both quantitative and qualitative aspects of an applicant's professional and academic background.
Program Start Dates
- Fall 2019 classes begin August 20, 2019
- Spring 2020 classes begin January 14, 2020
- Fall 2020 classes begin August 25, 2020
- Fall 2019 classes begin August 17, 2019
- Spring 2020 classes begin January 11, 2020
- Summer 2020 classes begin May 23, 2020
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline; no business prerequisites are required
- GPA approximately 3.0 or higher over the last 60 undergraduate credits
- Four years professional work experience
- GMAT/GRE (see waiver information below)
While previous work experience is preferred, work experience is not required to get in the FAU MBA in Sport Management program.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Information
The GMAT/GRE exam score may be waived for the program. GMAT/GRE waiver eligibility is based on evaluation of credentials listed under “Admissions Criteria.” Additionally, a waiver may be granted with the completion of an advanced degree (Master’s, Doctoral, Professional).
If it is determined by the Admissions Committee that the GMAT or GRE is required,
the minimum score requirement is:
GRE: (Verbal) 153; (Quantitative) 144; (Analytical Writing) 4
Supplemental Application, including:
Item 1: Submit Current Resume
Current resume with three academic or professional references on last page including: reference name, title, company, contact information.
Item 2: Include a Personal Essay
Essay content must address:
- Why do you want to come to FAU?
- What are your future career plans?
- Describe any previous experience you have in the sport industry.
- Essay should have your full name at the top of each page.
- Essay should be typed, double-spaced, and a minimum of two pages.
- Essay should be written in essay form, not question and answer format.
- Essay must be written in a Word document.
Item 3: Submit Unofficial/Official Transcript(s) or Unofficial/Official Transcript
Upload your transcript(s) from your bachelor’s program or transcript evaluation (this step is NOT required for FAU graduates). If you only have an official copy of your transcripts or evaluation, please mail them to our office (listed below).
A graduate of a foreign college or university who has completed an academic program
equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree are required to submit a course-by-course evaluation
from a foreign credentials evaluation service that is a member of NACES. Please contact evaluation companies directly to determine the documents required
to obtain this evaluation.
Applicants who have completed a minimum of two years of post-secondary education in the United States are exempt from this requirement.
Item 4 (International Students Only): Submit Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS Exam Score
Applicants that have completed the TOEFL or IELTS, please upload your unofficial score. This is only required for students on an F-1 visa where English is not the primary language in their home country. Applicants who have completed a minimum of two years of post-secondary education in the United States are exempt from this requirement.
The minimum College of Business requirement for the TOEFL is 600 (Paper-Based Test)
and 100 (Internet Based Test). The minimum College of Business requirement for IELTS
is a band score of 7.0.
FAU's school code for the TOEFL is 5229.
Item 5: Submit Letters of Recommendation
The Supplemental Application includes a "Recommendations" tab with space to enter two email addresses corresponding to your recommenders. If email addresses are entered, please notify your recommenders that they can expect a request from you - via email - containing a link to our database. Alternatively, upload scanned letters of recommendation. Recommenders should be academic (professor, instructor) or professional (colleague, manager, associate) and can be a subset of your references.
- On-campus program application (including interviews) by late July
- Online program application closes early August
- On-campus program application (interviews must be completed by this date) closes early December
- Online program application closes mid-December
- Online program application closes by late April
You are encouraged to apply early to secure your admission to the program. The FAU MBA in Sport Management program reserves the right to change posted Application Deadlines without prior notice.
Decision and Next Steps
Upon successful review of the Supplemental Application documents, you will be informed of your admission status. If accepted, your admissions coordinator will send you information for the next steps to complete the application process.