Online BBA (OBBA) - Business Economics
Economics is the study of choices made by individuals and markets, and how effectively society meets its human and material needs.
Economics has become an integral part of our modern society. An understanding of economics is indispensable when it comes to running a successful business, making sense of international events and analyzing government policy. Graduates with a background in economics enjoy a unique advantage in that economics offers a specialized and powerful framework for tackling today’s problems in the increasingly competitive and global economy.
As a Business Economics major, students learn about:
- The impact of decisions made by businesses, governments, and consumers on the level of national income and employment
- The role of prices in resource allocation, including profits, wages, and market structure
- Theory of econometrics
- Public policies and determination of aggregate income and individual market prices
- And a myriad of niche topics through electives ranging from international trade, the public sector, labor economics, environmental economics, health care economics, and much more
The economics major is both a business field as well as a social science field, the major provides relevant training for a wide variety of careers. Most economists focus on the practical application of economics in both the private and government sectors.
What type of roles can I get with this degree?
- Financial Risk Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Financial Consultant
- Investment Analyst
To declare an Online BBA (OBBA) in Business Economics degree, students must have earned 60 credit hours, satisfied the foreign language admission requirement (FLENT), achieved a minimum 2.5 GPA in the Pre-Business Foundation courses.
A minimum of 120 credit hours are required for the degree. Applications are accepted in any term.
Economics Major Coursework Includes:
- Intermediate Microeconomics ECO3101
- Intermediate Macroeconomics ECO3203
- Introduction to Econometric Methods ECO4421
- Economic Policy Analysis ECO4933
- Choose THREE Upper Division Economics Electives (UDEEs)
Download the Economics Major Program Sheet
Visit the Economics Department
Learn about the Graduate Programs offered by the College of Business