Career Outlook - MIS
Overview of Career Outlook
- A minor in MIS enables you to specify, select, utilize, and apply Information Technology (IT) to your major field of study.
- You will learn the skills and terminology needed to become an expert user of IT in the business world, to find IT solutions to business problems in all functional areas.
- You will be able to help bridge your department with the IT managers
- You will help your organization align its IT with business goals
- You will participate in your department’s most important decisions to choose the best IT to serve you.
- IT Audit in Accounting is the highest paid job – an MIS minor will launch you there!
- Either way, you will benefit from the interdisciplinary knowledge.
Professions that will benefit from a Minor in MIS
- All majors will benefit from MIS Minor since Information Systems are everywhere!
- “Planes don’t fly and trucks don’t roll without IT services,” Robert Carter, FedEx Chief Information Officer
- Our graduates are among the most versatile and mobile professionals, transferrable among industries and locations.
- Graduates of our programs have been placed in some of the top firms in the country including Microsoft, Citrix, and Office Depot
- To see the recent job placement of our graduates, visit our "Where are they now?" page
- To learn more about our graduates and hear their success stories, visit our Graduates page