Overview of Admissions Requirements
To be admitted to the MSDSA program, applicants must:
1. Have obtained a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and possess a minimal background consisting of MAC 2233 (Methods of Calculus) or equivalent and STA 2023 (Introductory Statistics) or equivalent. Students applying to the Data Science and Engineering concentration must have completed a college-level introductory programming course with a minimum grade of "C." Knowledge of Python and statistical packages such as R, as well as coursework in linear algebra are recommended for all concentrations;
2. Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 60 credits of undergraduate coursework;
3. Submit two letters of recommendation for all concentrations, except the Data Science and Engineering concentration;
4. Have attained scores of at least 151 (verbal) and 151 (quantitative) on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). GRE scores more than five years old are not acceptable normally. The Data Science and Engineering concentration requires the submission of the GRE score (verbal and quantitative sections), but no minimum values are required;
5. Be proficient in written and spoken English. International students from non-English-speaking countries must present a score of at least 500 (paper-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 79 (internet-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a score of at least 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); and
6. Meet other requirements of the FAU Graduate College.