Overview of Admissions Requirements
The College of Business seeks a diverse, highly-qualified group of graduate students. Applications are evaluated on several factors emphasizing prior academic performance, GMAT or GRE scores, work experience, and the potential for scholarly and professional success.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study from a regionally accredited institution
- No business prerequisites are required
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher over the last 60 undergraduate credits
- GMAT/GRE - A combined score (verbal + quantitative) of at least 295 on the Graduate
Record Examination (GRE) or a GMAT score of 500 or higher*.
- GRE and GMAT scores more than five years old are normally not acceptable
- We recommend that you take the GMAT, GRE, and/or TOEFL at least one month prior to the application deadline because it takes approximately 3-4 weeks for FAU to receive your test scores.
- If you need assistance preparing to take either of the GMAT or GRE, please refer to the Graduate College Test Prep Service for more information.
- Official transcript(s) or transcript(s) evaluation reflecting bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of immunization is required prior to registration. Click here for more information on the submission process.
- You will need to submit documents to the University in order to determine your residency for tuition purposes (i.e. in-state or out of state tuition rates). Click here for more information on the submission process.
- Meet any other requirements of the FAU Graduate College
- Note: Admission to graduate programs is competitive and meeting minimum standards does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
Additional Requirements for International Students:
- A course by course evaluation of your international transcripts must be provided by
a NACES member.
- Students may also choose to have the FAU evaluate foreign transcripts internally instead of using a NACES member. For more information on this process, please visit the FAU Internal Evaluation of Foreign Credentials page.
- Note: The College of Business does NOT have a preference between using a NACES member or using FAU to evaluate foreign transcripts.
- International students from non-English-speaking countries must be proficient in written
and spoken English as evidenced by a score of at least 500 (paper-based test) or 213
(computer-based test) or 79 (Internet-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign
Language (TOEFL) or a score of at least 6.0 on the International English Language
Testing System (IELTS);
- For more information about these scores, visit our College of Business Graduate Application Information webpage.
- For more information about additional admissions requirements for international students, please visit the FAU Graduate College's Admissions Application Information page
What If I Do NOT Meet Some of the Admissions Requirements?
- In general, if you do NOT meet some of the admissions requirements (i.e GPA or Test score), you are still encouraged to apply
- While our admissions process is still competitive, our admissions process has the option to work on a sliding scale on a case-by case basis, in that if your GPA is below 3.00, you can make up for that lower GPA by scoring higher on the GMAT and/or GRE.
- In addition, if you do not meet the GPA or GRE/GMAT requirement, you may be able to
receive a conditional acceptance into the program.
- Such applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, a high GPA can compensate for a lower GRE/GMAT score, and vice-versa. If you receive a conditional acceptance, you are allowed to enroll in graduate classes, but must meet certain performance criteria in the first semester or year that is specified in your conditional acceptance letter. Once these conditions are fulfilled, the conditional acceptance will be converted to full acceptance.
- Domestic Students
- Fall Semester: July 1st; Spring Semester: November; Summer Semester: April 1
- International Students
- Fall Semester: February 15th; Spring Semester: July 15th; Summer Semester: January 15th
- Applications must be complete and all documents submitted BEFORE the deadlines in
the above table to be considered for admission.
- Once all documents have been received, you can be accepted for the semester corresponding to the application deadline (see the table above).
How to Apply:
- You can apply online for the the Master of Science in Supply Chain Management on the
FAU Graduate College website by clicking APPLY NOW
- Once the application is completed, you must pay an application fee of $30 and also be sure to submit your transcripts and test scores as well.
- Students who attended colleges/universities outside of the U.S. and/or are Non-Native speakers of English need to submit additional supplemental documents (i.e. Course by course evaluations, English Proficiency scores, etc). For more information about these documents, visit our College of Business Graduate Application Information webpage.
- If you have additional questions about submitting an application, transcripts/test scores, & other required documents, please email our College of Business Liaison from the Graduate College, Ashley Severino firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will assist you.
Check Status of My Application
- You can check your application status online by logging into the FAU Graduate College Application Portal
- If your application has NOT yet been deferred to department, then you can email our College of Business Liaison from the Graduate College, Ashley Severino email@example.com, and she will assist you.
- If your application status says “Deferred to Department”, then you can email our College of Business Graduate Advising Office COBgradadvising@fau.edu and they will connect you with an academic advisor who will assist you.
Cost of Tuition:
- The MSSCM program follows the traditional FAU Fees Per Credit Hour schedule for Graduate Courses
- The MSITM program consists of a minimum of 30 credits
- Current tuition rates can be found on the FAU Controller’s site or in the Tuition, Fees and Refunds section of the FAU Catalog.