PROFESSIONAL MBA (PMBA) Application Process
The Office of Executive Education reviews candidate applications on an individual basis looking at both quantitative and qualitative aspects of an applicant's professional and academic background.
Program Start Dates
Boca Raton Campus:
- Fall 2020 classes begin August 25, 2020
- Fall 2020 classes begin August 24, 2020
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline; no business prerequisites are required
- GPA approximately 3.0 or higher over the last 60 undergraduate credits
- Four years professional work experience
- GMAT/GRE (see waiver information below)
Complete the Departmental Supplemental Application
Davie Campus Fall 2020: Click HERE to access your Supplemental Application.
Boca Raton Campus Fall 2020: Click HERE to access your Supplemental Application.
Item 1: Submit Current Resume
Current resume with three academic or professional references on last page including: reference name, title, company, contact information.
Item 2: Submit Unofficial Transcript(s) or Unofficial Transcript Evaluation
Upload your unofficial transcript(s) from your bachelor’s program or transcript evaluation (this step is NOT required for FAU graduates). If you only have an official copy of your transcripts or evaluation, please mail them to our office (listed below). Graduates of a foreign college who have completed an academic program equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree are required to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a foreign credentials evaluation service that is a member of NACES.
Item 3: Submit Letters of Recommendation
The supplemental application includes a "Recommendations" tab with space to enter email addresses corresponding to your recommenders. If email addresses are entered, please notify your recommenders that they can expect a request from you - via email - containing a link to our database. Alternatively, upload scanned letters of recommendation. Recommenders should be academic (professor, instructor) or professional (colleague, manager, associate) and can be a subset of your references.
Decision and Next Steps
Upon successful review of the Supplemental Application documents, you will be informed of your admission status. If accepted, your admissions coordinator will send you information for the next steps to complete the application process.
GMAT/GRE Waiver: The GMAT/GRE exam score may be waived for the program. GMAT/GRE waiver eligibility is based on evaluation of credentials listed under “Admissions Criteria.” Additionally, a waiver may be granted with the completion of an advanced degree (Master’s, Doctoral, Professional). A waiver will be considered only after the committee is able to review a completed application.
Interview Process: Upon application review, an interview by the Executive Education Admissions Committee may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
English Proficiency Exam: Non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of proficiency in English from: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Please note, applicants are responsible for making arrangements to schedule the test(s). Here is the official FAU regulation on English Language Proficiency: Regulation 4.009. Non-Native speakers of English are not required to submit proof of English language proficiency if they meet one of the following:
- Completion of at least three years of secondary education from a high school based in the United States or abroad with full curriculum of instruction in English.
- Completion of at least three years of secondary education from a high school based in a country where English is the majority native-speaking language, or where English is the primary language of instruction starting in the primary grades.
- Completion of at least sixty (60) post-secondary credits or an associate degree or higher from a U.S. regionally accredited postsecondary institution or from a recognized post-secondary institution abroad with full curriculum of instruction in English