Entrepreneur Boot Camp
Whether you're an aspiring entrepreneur or ready to take your existing business to the next level, Entrepreneur Boot Camp is for you! View the flyer here.
To register for the Entrepreneur Boot Camp certificate course, please click here.
Through 24 contact hours, Entrepreneur Boot Camp students learn:
- Why a business plan is necessary
- How to write an effective business plan
- How to pitch a plan to investors
- What investors expect to see in the plan
- How to enter a business plan in the prestigious FAU Business Plan Competition and compete for seed funding
In addition, Entrepreneur Boot Camp students will:
- Discover the most effective research tools available, from using databases in researching competition to understanding demographics
- Learn fundamental concepts for creating an impactful marketing plan
- Determine sales methodologies and how to project sales revenues
- Learn all types of techniques and tools to gain investor attention from family and friends, crowdsourcing, SBA, and institutional funding
- Understand the need for a strong management team as well as how to top talent
- Create a managerial blueprint for day to day operations, strategic direction and market share capture in a competitive world
Entrepreneur Boot Camp is made up of eight sessions and includes access to mentor consultation via the Entrepreneur In Residence program. All participants will receive a Florida Atlantic University Certificate upon satisfactory completion of all sessions as well as assignments, individual study assignments, learning assignments and class discussions.*
*To receive the FAU certificate, unexcused class absences must NOT EXCEED TWO (2) SESSIONS and participants must be on time. Any students who miss more than the allotted absences, and who have not provided advance notice or a documented excuse will not be awarded a certificate.
**Not covered by the Employee Educational Scholarship Program.
Instructor - Kevin Cox
Kevin Cox is a published entrepreneurial focused academic currently pursuing his Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship at Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business. Prior to pursuing his Ph.D., Kevin received his B.S.B.A. in Management, with minor in Entrepreneurship as well as a Master of Science in Entrepreneurship (M.S.E.) from the University of Florida.
In the corporate space, Kevin acted as the Cofounding Consultant and COO of Silver Global Manufacturing. During his time with Silver Global the company successfully secured a utility patent for a new eyewear technology, established overseas manufacturing agreements, and eventually produced the SLYDZTM eyewear product line which consists of a complete line of men’s and women’s glasses, all equipped with the patented technology.
Most recently Kevin has primarily focused on Entrepreneurship research as well as teaching undergraduate Entrepreneurship courses at FAU. During his tenure, he has helped students launch successful crowdfunding campaigns, advance to the final round of the FAU Business Plan Competition, form LLCs, design websites, initiate new product development, and work towards securing intellectual property protection.
To date, Kevin has authored numerous refereed conference research papers, all focused on Entrepreneurship, and in 2014 won Best Research Paper Award at the United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) Conference. Subsequently, his paper titled “Fundamental planning processes: Resource assessment and opportunity evaluation” was published in the International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Adams Center for Entrepreneurship
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Kevin Cox, Ph.D.
The Value of The Entrepreneur Boot Camp
$50 FAU student
$100 FAU Alumni/ Staff
$200 Non FAU Student/Community