- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- International Business
- Risk Management and Insurance
Healthcare Information Systems
What is Healthcare Information Systems?
- Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) is an important and growing field at the intersection of healthcare and information technology. As hospitals and physicians move towards electronic health records systems, an increasing number of professionals will be needed to help develop these systems, protect patient data and information, and train new users to utilize these new systems.
- HIS professionals ensure that the electronic data that medical professionals manage is maintained and exchanged accurately and efficiently.
- Professionals with HIS skills also help capture, transmit, and use health information improve complex health care processes.
- As the population ages, more medical services will be required and more data and insurance claims will need to be managed, increasing the demand for HIS professionals