FAU Financial Analyst Program
In partnership with Bloomberg®, the Financial Analyst Program (FAP) equips students with cutting edge skills in financial analysis and equity research taking the students through a deep value fundamental research process that results in the creation of independent equity research reports. The FAP provides an educational challenge that builds on relevant, real-world fundamental investment knowledge to educate, train and develop the next generation of top notch finance talent.
The Financial Analyst Program begins each fall semester. The fall 2019 Financial Analyst program begins Friday, August 30, 2019.
Financial Analyst Program (FAP) Facts:
- The ONLY program of its kind in the state of Florida
- Preselected group of students based on academic and professional background, GPA, interview and responses to essay questions
- CFA-based financial analysis curriculum
- Bloomberg Partnership and connectivity to guest speakers/industry experts
- Students must become Bloomberg certified to successfully complete program
- Internships opportunities with: Asset Management Firms, Family Offices, Hedge Funds, Equity Research Firms, Corporations
Students gain real experience with real companies in the areas of financial analysis,
financial modeling and company valuations. This unique program helps students to become
more competitive in today’s job market. Utilizing the state-of-the-art FAU Trading
Room, students will gain practical, hands-on experience and knowledge via Bloomberg® terminals. Students will receive a Financial Analyst Certificate from FAU and are
also required to become Bloomberg Essentials Certified.
Only 30 candidates will be accepted into the fall program. Early application submission is recommended.
Students in the Financial Analyst Program have 24-hour access to this new lab located on the second floor of the FAU College of Business.
Since program inception in 2011, as the only university in the state of Florida, teams from FAU's Financial Analyst Program have qualified for the State of Florida Research Challenge every year.
The 2015 Financial Analyst Program students from FAU, led by Dr. Rainford Knight,
won for the State of Florida Research Challenge.
FAU/Bloomberg Terminal Internship Program Opportunities
Through the FAU/Bloomberg Terminal Internship Program, companies not only gain access to talented FAU students, but also benefit from access to Bloomberg® terminals and industry experts.
The Financial Analyst Program is a 6 credit-hour program. Selected Undergraduate, Graduate Students and non-degree seeking students will be registered for 2 classes totaling 6 credit-hours beginning Fall 2019.
The Financial Analyst Program commences every fall and concludes in the spring. The program consists of two courses; the first course is from September to December followed by the second course from January to May. Students will be required to go through an intensive financial analysis training program modeled from the CFA curriculum. To complete the program, students will be required to submit and present a final research project and to become Bloomberg Certified. The FAP will also prepare students to sit for the CFA Level 1 exam.
- Pre-Test Date: Friday August 30, 2019
- Program Starts: September 6, 2019
- Program Ends: May, 2020
- Meeting Days: Every Friday from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM, and occasional weekends
- Application Deadline: August 1
MS in Finance - Financial Analyst Track
Students can apply to be admitted into the MS in Finance simultaneously as they are applying to the Financial Analyst Program (FAP). Students completing the Financial Analyst Program will obtain 6 credits towards the MS in Finance Program. Students completing the Financial Analyst Program will also receive a Financial Analyst Program Certificate from FAU.
- Step 1: Application and selection process
- Step 2: Investment training program based on the CFA candidate curriculum®
- Step 3: Student is assigned a firm in a specific industry to analyze
- Step 4: Draft equity research report is produced and presented
- Step 5: Research will be graded, approved by the investment committee and published
Admission and Application Requirements
Visit FAU Financial Analyst Program - Admission & Application Requirements to complete an application for the fall starting class.
Executive Education Admissions
777 Glades Road BU
Bldg 86, Room 203
Boca Raton, FL 33431
phone: (561) 297-6000
fax: (561) 297-2179