Course Information - Business Analytics
- Our MSBA program offers a wide variety of analytics courses and business courses from data mining and advanced business analytics to IT project management and management information systems & technology
- The MSBA program requires students to take a minimum of 10 courses (33 credits) to complete this degree,
- Students are required to complete 30 graduate-level credits, or 10 three-credit courses (5000 level or higher), with a 3.0 GPA or higher to graduate. The program does not offer a thesis option.
- Additional details about the program courses can be found in the following documents:
MSBA Course List
- Students pursuing the MSBA program must take the 10 courses (8 Required Courses & 2 Elective Courses) in the College of Business listed in the table below
- To see the course descriptions for any of the courses below, please visit the FAU Catalog
MSBA Required Courses (24 credits) (Must Take All 8 Course from list below)
|Communication Strategies for Business Professionals||GEB 6215|
|Management Information Systems and Technology||ISM 6026|
|Introduction to Business Analytics and Big Data||ISM 6404|
|Data Mining and Predictive Analytics||ISM 6136|
|Advanced Business Analytics||ISM 6405|
|Business Innovation with Artificial Intelligence||ISM 6427|
|Social Media and Web Analytics||ISM 6555|
|Data Management and Analysis with Excel||QMB 6303|
MSBA Elective Courses (6 credits) (Select 2 Courses from the list below)
|IT Project and Change Management||ISM 6316|
|Supply Chain Analytics||QMB 6616|
|Graduate Information Technology and Operations Management Internship||ISM 6942|
|Marketing Analysis and Executive Action||MAR 6816|
Technology Tools Used in MSBA Courses
- Interested in learning more about the tools/software/programs we use in the MSBA courses?
- Check out our Course Tool List Document to view a list of all the tools/software/programs we use in our MIS Courses.
MSBA Course Spotlight Videos
- Interested in learning more about a specific Management Information Systems & Operations Management Course?
- Check out our course spotlight videos page and get an inside look into what goes on in each of our courses.
Recommended Course Order
- Students are generally advised to take GEB 6215 during their first semester in the program either before or concurrently with other ISM courses, as GEB 6215 requires you to complete integrated assignments in your other ISM courses. Please contact your Graduate Advisor in the College of Business to discuss more about GEB integration and how to create your Plan of Study (POS) .
- In the Fall and Spring semesters, courses are offered during 16-week terms; we do not offer 8-week courses in the Fall and Spring at this time. In the Summer semesters, course are generally offering during a 12-weeks term and course offerings are limited.
- All courses in the MSBA program can be completed remotely, either through online classes or Virtual Classrooms. Many courses can also be completed in the traditional format. In-person courses are usually offered in the evenings.
- Courses can alternate from semester to semester between being offered fully-online and being offered face to face.
- Please check the FAU Course Schedule when planning your classes, and also work with your Graduate Advisor to create your Plan of Study (POS).